Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

TQ / Shenqi Hummer ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:41 PM
tkn0spdr
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TQ / Shenqi Hummer ?

I bought the same clone but with the MT body on it.

Yes the bodies are crap and mine broke after only one flip on a grass soccer field. Also there isn't enough spacing between the square muffler and the fuel tank so the tank got a small melted area in it (not all the way through thankfully.

I ordered some Duratrax parts for it, some replacements and some upgrades. I got side rails (on BO), two new front bumpers (my wife hits things and the original broke), a rechargeable battery, and an air filter.

The only other problems I've had with it is while it was being run wo it's body it flipped and the spark plug snapped in half and the boot broke off the ignition wire and the front and rear body mounts both broke (parts on BO). That's certainly not the fault of being a cheap clone though.

Be careful trying to put a new air filter on though, I'm having a crappy time because the original mounting bolts just barely reach the nuts on the carb mount and the newer filter base is thicker requiring longer bolts. Nobody in my town seems to have them, I'll have to order a whole bag via the Internet. I just need M5x65 bolts, is it really that hard to find them?
Old 10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
davido666

DDM is a good place to order upgrade parts. I replace my carb with a new one from DDM and I picked up the intake mount for the engine with it. I bought the duratrax upgrade filter and it fits fine now with the proper spacers. Well I had my truck out for a few hours today and had a good bashing time. I broke one rear ball cup for the rear suspension and the front body mount. I did quite a few rolls and cart wheels today while racing with a Fg and a baja. The area where we were driving was really rough. I am really pleased with the performance with this truck. One note if you want to bring the engine to life get a ddm exhaust. I just put one on and the thing really moves.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
davido666

Ok my hummer ran great on the weekend. I did a lot of flips and rolls. One time you can see the truck roller by the camera. All I broke one ball cup and the front body mount that I glued earlier. Watch the vid I am very pleased with the performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m7aiCNPsPM