Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New to the 1/5 scale RC world

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the 1/5 scale RC world

David0666: How you had a nice week end with the miss's.....The dog bones are stock from tower...
Thanks for you reply..All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-28-2008, 10:17 PM
davido666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a great time. I was in Michigan at Frankenmuth. I mail your money from there because I figured you would get it fast then coming from Canada. The only thing I can think of for your problem is either the out drives from the diff cups are further in with the FG diff or the new arms give your suspension to much movement.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:18 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just noticed something Slaw....are you certain you purchased Firehammer MT dogbones?

The reason I ask is this:

Firehammer: 95mm

Firehammer MT: 108mm

108-95 = 13mm

13mm = 1/2 inch
Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 PM
slawhammer

David0666: Glad you had a good time..Hope you enjoy the pipe..Check your fuel line with the y connector
I think the pipe will hit one line..My Duratrax tank is modified for single fuel pick up..Hole plugged under the
exhaust....I think CSP hit the nail on the head for the dog Bones...I have the firehammer and not the MT Bones..
I have new Dog Bones MT coming..should be here Tue or Wed....Thanks for the payment you sent..
Thanks for the reply..All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
slawhammer

CSP1971: You be the man..The beer is on me my friend..You are correct..the last order I got from tower was the firehammer dog bones...
Not the MT Bones..I looked on the shipping order..me bad I ordered the wrong item..only goes to show I am only human and make mistakes..
Well all is corrected new MT Bones should be here Tue or Wed..Thanks for your reply..All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 AM
davido666

I was thinking the same thing that you had ordered the firehammer and not the MT ones.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 AM
slawhammer

David0666....ME Bad..I must have had a bad med day that day I ordered...Those Dog Bones...Like total non think...Those days I should stay away from
me RC Project...Well here it is another RAIN Day....Not going to run firehammer today...Have too think about doing the
front brakes...Thanks for your reply....All Replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-29-2008, 08:38 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

CSP1971: You be the man..The beer is on me my friend..You are correct..the last order I got from tower was the firehammer dog bones...
Not the MT Bones..I looked on the shipping order..me bad I ordered the wrong item..only goes to show I am only human and make mistakes..
Well all is corrected new MT Bones should be here Tue or Wed..Thanks for your reply..All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer

Slaw, Slaw, Slaw......you need to not beat yourself up. You need to be like every other American and blame someone else. In this case, Tower!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 AM
slawhammer

CSP1971: Yup... it's bad when you got too beat yourself up..But no big deal...Rained all week end any way...Same here today...
Yeah ...I know some people will do any thing to make a post..Blah Blah Blah.....But in all I do thank you guys for helping me on
this project..Only wish more people had some input as well..Most people just like to read a post...Thanks for your reply....
All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM
slawhammer

Ok ..Not much going on today with the firehammer..I am working on another up grade ..Hope to have all the parts
for that this coming week end...Think I will start on the front brakes in the morning..Long projected weather is rain
here the rest of the week[&o]...Thanks for all the replies..All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-29-2008, 05:07 PM
slawhammer

Ok..here's a loaded question...Any comments on my firehammer project from some of you RC Guys out there...Any thing help ya out
at all...You can use for info...I know the screen mod will apply to all engines...All replies welcome ..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-30-2008, 05:49 AM
slawhammer

OK...Here's the lastest Up Grade I will be doing for the firehammer..New Fuel System..All custom built..I am waiting
on a couple items yet to do this...Enclosed picture..More pictures when complete..All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59479.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1043648  
Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 AM
slawhammer

OK..Now were talking..New Purchase to help make things better to work on the firehammer..Seeing how the miss's got me a roto tool
Thanks to David0666..I got a flex shaft attachment...Enclosed picture...All Replies Welcome ..AKA Slawhammer

Name:	Ay74164.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1043722  
Old 09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
vmaxcruzer

Slawhammer, got my supplies and going for operation mesh. That should keep the crap out of the head fins. thanks for all the help and PM's.
KP

Go to auto parts store..get body screen mesh..think 5 bux for the screen you get 2 sheets,,Just use clear silicone..maybe 5 bux also..
If you read on page 11.. I think there is also a upper screen mod...I have done pretty much a bunch of mods in my thread..
Long thread from the start..till now and still doing up grades..Got a couple more mods in mind...
Glad I could help..If got question just ask
Old 09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
slawhammer

VMAXCRUZER: My friend that is what this all about with the forum..RC Hobbiest helping other RC Hobbiest with ideas to share..Some ideas
may work for some people and not others...But the screen mod will help all RC Users..Think Pg 10 & 11 starts with post think 242....
I enjoy working on my firehammer to make the quality better..I guess you could say just about any radio control unit...The love to built or
rebuild..The personal satifaction of one's work...Thanks for you Reply..All replies Welcome..AKA Slawhammer
Old 09-30-2008, 04:05 PM
slawhammer

Ok..After some time running arends all day long..I got too sit down and look at the attachment flex tool..Not going to happen..Wrong flex tool..It is for a
all-in-one tool that is bigger than I have...So off we go to sears..exchange maybe..Had to wait for the sales person to get off the phone..
The man said "I remember you,You were here this morning"I explained the situation of not right application for roto tool..He said ..lets go to the display
rack ..show me what you have...In short they don't have one...He said I will give you a refund..Now you go to Lowes.. I know they have a Dermel Flex tool
that will fit that...Cuz I don't think I can get you one or it will a month wait...He said.."You didn't hear Lowes from me"..I told Him ..I got it ..and thanks..
So I went to Lowes got the dermel flex tool..Came home..Now the Dremel flex Tool fits like a glove ..Direct fit...Happy Camper Now...
All replies Welcome..AKA Slawhammer
Old 10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
slawhammer

Ok..All I got to say for that epoxy putty is great stuff..super hard..If I was not going to use front brakes for the firehammer
on those alloy steering knuckles that would be the way to go..It would not break the arm off...I have to admit the flex shaft tool
is great to use..Tried different cutters to remove the epoxy putty..I now have 1 steering knucle back to when bought ready for the front
brake..Just have to get the other knuckle ready...Maybe yet today to get the front brakes done..All replies welcome ..AKASlawhammer
Old 10-01-2008, 07:54 PM
slawhammer

OK...I installed the front brakes on the firehammer..I have to make some small adjustments for tighter braking...
Still waiting on a couple items yet to do the new fuel system....All replies welcome..AKA Slawhammer
Enclosed Picture...

Name:	Eb86827.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1044587  
Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Lars from Norway

Got a tip for you:nevermind those return springs that follows in the kit,take a ball roller pen and dismantle it and use the spring there and cut it to desired length!Maybe you have to stretch it a bit to avoid that it stops the brakearm to engage fully by having too many coils.Then it wont be able to "tight" the brakes enough,and you get uneven braking.Hope you understood this
Old 10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
slawhammer

Lars: Got it on the ball point spring..My only question is the cables seem short..casing & inner wire..They could have allowed
a least 4 to 6 more inches more.....Clears the upper arms ok...I have adjusted with the stock return spring
for now..I will change it out later...Thanks for your reply on this Lars..All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
PS:I will post picture later on the cables...
Old 10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Lars from Norway

Yes,do post some pics of the cables and the whole system,a little less blurry this time
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 AM
slawhammer

Lars: Sorry about the quality of the last picture..I took one of the cables in front of the shock tower..
The installation was real good no problems...That epoxy putty now that was a ***** to get off and have
no damage to the steering knuckles..Enclosed picture..All replies welcome..AKASlawhammer

Name:	Fd93041.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1044791  
Old 10-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Lars from Norway

This looks good!Yes,i see now that the cables could have been some inches longer,a bit tight there.Do you know the torque of the servo you are using?I am using a 13 kg,but i have one for the front brakes and another for the rear brakes and throttle
Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 PM
slawhammer

Lars:Yup the cables are a little tight..But will work ..I don't see any binding...OK... as to the servo it came with the truck..It is a
futaba S3010 Standard/anolog ..6 V at 90.2 oz.in. not sure how that converts to kg. I like Hi-Tech my self...I think H-5595 for
high torque 144 oz....Foxy said Ace are good servos.for Throttle/Brake..I am still waiting on a couple items yet for the new
fuel system.....Yeah I thought about rear brakes..but not sure as to how to run the cable set up..for the throttle/brake servo..
worse comes to worse I could use hydralic for the rear....Thanks for your reply..All replies welcome...AKA Slawhammer
Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Lars from Norway

That is 6.5 kg,this sounds very little.I was recommended using at least 9 kilo servos,but i use 13 kg,that would be around 180 oz.in. i think.This almost locks the front brakes,i can barely turn the wheels by my hand.

On my radio i use the 3rd channel as a slave to the 2nd channel,and this makes me able to adjust the front/rear braking power,very handy

The rear brake cables are attached from right above the clutchbell (on the gearplate) and out to the wheels.The cable to the right hand brake is longer than the cable to the left hand brake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.