Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Tips for a newbie racer

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:07 AM
magnum57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips for a newbie racer

hello all,
First time to race this weekend and looking for any suggestions on what to expect or any trick to setting up my mcd race runner. Were in Arizona and there is only a hand full of racers and were trying to get 1/5 scale going out here. Nitro is big so this is new to the nitro pit. Awesome track and looking forward to giving racing a try[X(] This is the track and a cool video on u-tube.
http://www.thenitropit.com/
U-Tube Video = Hurricane C5 vs. Redcat Rampage at The Nitro Pit - Part1
Old 09-11-2008, 09:26 PM
FastEddy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Tips for a newbie racer

Dont try to race the other cars, just try to make it around the track and improve on your own lap times.

Most of all, Have FUN!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:17 AM
magnum57

Thanks Bro. Cant wait to give it a try !!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:41 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Roll over the doubles and triples for the first few laps. Get the hang of the turns first, then start to try and jump the doubles. Bring every spare part you have in the garage, just in case soemthing breaks.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
magnum57

Thanks Rob. Hope it stays together. Good luck on setting up your killer CNC machine. Have a great weekend
Old 09-13-2008, 10:01 AM
magnum57

WOW, my hat goes off to u racers. 1/5 scale on a nitro track???????
I got about 20 min practice time and was taken out by a Baja at full speed. Broke two rose joints and a wheel plus rear hub. Not pretty. I guess your right; bring every spare part you can. Oh well now I need to order parts and I think I’ll wait for the new 1/5 scale track before I try this again[]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67478.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1032290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi21731.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1032291   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41796.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1032292  
Old 09-15-2008, 02:25 PM
magnum57

Thanks for the PM. It’s all good Live and learn. Your right having fun out there is what it’s all about. Thanks for the tips. Yea my front bumper was pretty smashed also from the terrible landings after the jumps. I just thought I would have a little better driving skills. I SUCK. But all I can do is get better. It was a great family environment and lots of fun for the kids. The dang Baja didn’t suffer anything but a broken front bumper. It was pretty funny, I’m standing on the driver platform and next to me was a kid around nine yrs old and he kept asking me. Hey mister are you driving like that on purpose? I replied NO. He says have you ever driven on this track before? I said NO. He says Have you ever driven your car before ? lol…... That's when I knew I really stink at driving. So it just gives more reason to practice and try to improve my driving skills How did the race go for u guys on Sturday ????