Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Couple Baja Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 01:23 AM
shanty140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Baja Questions

Hey,

A friend of mine gave me a Baja 5B that does need some work but the motor is brand new and maybe has about 2 hours on the chassis itself. So I have a few questions that am wondering:

- What steering servo should I put in. The one that is in there is almost toast and I might as well buy new one. I am not looking for anything over the top, but that will work like it should.

- Also, other then water proofing the electronics is there anything I need to do to the Baja to make it winter proof.

Thats about it for now, will post more questions during the rebuild.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:27 AM
mini ripper

Default RE: Couple Baja Questions

Go with the HPI metal geared steering servo. I run with this and never had a problem with it at all.

The radio gear is well looked after with the stock box so make sure that all the seals are in good condition and fitted correctly.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:20 AM
savagecommander

Default RE: Couple Baja Questions

i agree- use the stock servo, but ALL the gears in the metal kit arent metal, two are still nylon, so i just set my servo saver a half turn loose from stock, and im trouble free. and i can vouge for the waterproofing, i bought mine in february and i live in michigan, so the first three months i had it, it never saw dirt, just wet soggy snow.