Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

My new transmitter for baja

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
wan6176

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new transmitter for baja

Just got new transmitter & bind it..gonna test it today
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62125.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1093225   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43893.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1093226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67985.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1093227  
Old 12-20-2008, 04:04 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: My new transmitter for baja

Heck yeah! Now that is what I'm, talking about! 2.4GHz!

You chose a good radio, but most of all, you will not regret the crystal-less advantages of 2.4GHz!
Old 12-20-2008, 05:25 PM
splcrazy

never heard of that brand but it sure does look good , your going to have a lot of fun driving your baja interferance free .
Old 12-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Dirby

make sure you get a Diemaster kill switch to go with your new radio.
never have to worrey about a runaway again.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

i just installed the fm version of that radio today in my km baja. i'm using a duratrax failsafe with it just to be safe. i used the radio for a couple months in my t-maxx and i love it and i know that radio will not let you down unless there is a negative difference between the fm and the 2.4 radios.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:08 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

never heard of that brand but it sure does look good , your going to have a lot of fun driving your baja interferance free .
Sanwa is rebadged as Airtronics in teh West (I think). Someone correct me if I am wrong. In either case, it is a good radio system and teh 2.4GHz integration makes these (and as a matter of fact, any other 2.4GHz system) excellent radio sets.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:16 AM
splcrazy

um with my spektrum dx3r i get minor but nothing to worry about glitching when im running my baja around semitrailers and truckstops , but not right next to them maybe two or more blocks away from them , could it be caused from thier radios ? its not major glitching but still very small and noticeable by an experienced user like me and maybe someone else
Old 12-21-2008, 01:33 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I am not sue why, but Spektrum glitches all the time. Minor glitches fortunately, liek constant humming and buzzing of teh servos.

I have the Spektrum 2.4GHz module and RX for my Futaba 3PK, and when I use that Spektrum, my servos humm and buzz all the dang time. It bothered me so much that I bought the Futaba 2.4GHz FASST module and RX and the glitchng was eliminated.

I do not know why Spektrums do this; I guess it could be they have other bugs that need to be hammered out.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:24 AM
splcrazy

i guess thats why the nomadio react is better cos its internall cpu is updateable from the internet and they fix the bugs all the time , i start to think and wish that sometimes i should have got the nomadio instead.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 AM
SAVAGEJIM

The Nomandio Sensor and Rect are great radios, designed as 2.4GHz from teh ground up, and eys, the firmware is updatable from PC and Nomandio's website. No radio on the market has the USB capability that Nomandio radio sets have.

However, let me warn you though. More and more upset Nomandio customers are sprouting up all over the net. Nomandio's primary focus is to provide electronics for the US DOD. Providing CS and radio systems to teh rC industry i only subsidiary and therefore not a priority. And that is starting to appear as these customers complain about Nomandio dropping the ball in their CS and even in relasing gear that should have been rejected at teh factory.

If Nomandio would address and eliminate these problems, yes, I too would recommend their radio sets in a heart beat. They have great features that no oteher radio systems on teh market has, and Nomadio radio sets are supposed to be a high dollar top-of-the-line brand. But unfortunately, Nomandio is beginning to go downhill.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:10 AM
splcrazy

sounds like the global money crisis is affecting them , it always happens like that when you see a good company go to crap
Old 12-21-2008, 03:16 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Well, Nomandio is not in any worry of being affected by the economy, they are paid by the government contracts to provide electronics. Its just that they seem to be neglecting their RC venture by siphoning away people to take care of the gov jobs and by not hiring more people to replace the lost personnel (at least, that is my guess).

It's sad, because Nomandio radios would be great for our 5th scale RCs, 2.4GHz and all, and even better, multi-model memory.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 AM
wan6176

dirby it come wif a built in failsafe.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:49 AM
wan6176

savage nih icon christmas hat
Old 12-22-2008, 08:50 AM
wan6176

splcrazy u nerver heard?lol
Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 AM
wan6176

yes savage it used to be call sanwa n change its name to airtronic.the servo are excellent.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even tho your Transmitter came with built in fail safe..It will not kill the engine...You should get the modified Diemaster Pico Kill switch...
All your built in fail safe will do is let you program to apply brakes and set the throttle to low position....Your engine is still running....
Low battery power ..Or lose of battery power you will have a runaway RC Unit.......The Kill Switch from DDM..Daves Discount Motors
is like $39.00USD......Just thought I would offer you some Advice.......AKASlawhammer
Old 12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
wan6176

slawhammer i have pico failsafe dead switch can i use dat?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:38 AM
slawhammer

I am not sure what you have for a dead switch..Can you tell me more and show a picture of it? Also not sure if your
switch is set for normal closed position....Does that switch you have ..Have a green lite when powered up?
For you too use the switch you need the switch to be open and have a green lite on .......I am sure others will come along
with some advice a well...AKASlawhammer
Old 12-22-2008, 11:55 AM
wan6176

it used red lite.wen u switch on the receiver it will push the servo to brake position. wen u on the transmitter it will back to normal.wen lost frequnecy it will back to brake position.
if i use the kill switch failsafe will it effect the built in failsafe?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:11 PM
slawhammer

How do you have your dead switch hooked up or wired to your Rc Unit?.....Ok Red lite or green lite..don't matter..as long as you have a lite..
Your dead kill switch is used on 3rd channel...To Kill the engine from the Trans..or loss power.....Will not effect your built in fail safe to use as well
AKASlawhammer
Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
wan6176

hmmm good question i will chk it out..... n have it modify.. will update.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
wan6176

mmend which kill switch is better n how the setup goes?anyone? thks....
Old 12-22-2008, 07:58 PM
SAVAGEJIM

This is the kill switch I use, it is the TGN

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....t.A/id.3508/.f

For this particular kill switch, you have to have a wire stripper and soldering iron handy. On you existing manual push-button kill switch, in teh middle of teh wires, strip teh insulation off to expose the conducting wires. When, with the TGN killswitch, strip the ends of teh red wire and teh black wire. Solder teh red wire of teh TGN to your push-button kill switch and teh black of teh TGN to the black wire of the puch button kill. Use shring insulation to slip over your soldering work, heat with a cigarette lighter to shrink the insulation down on your work. Reinstall the manual kill switch into teh engine (plug the corrrect connectors of te push-button kill to teh engine's magneto), feed the wire for teh TGN out of teh very same grommet that holds teh spark plug wire (there is an additional hole just for teh kill switch wires, and plug the electronic kill sitch J-connector to teh 3rd channel slot in your RX.

A more simple to install electronic kill switch is teh Pico kill switch. I think the electronic kill switch is already pre-soldered to teh push-button manual kill switch. All you would have to do is pull off yoru old push-button kill and plug in the new Pico & assembled manual push-button kill into teh engine magneto and plug teh J-connector to the 3rd channel slot in your RX.

When you pogram your built-in failsafe in your radio and RC, be sure to set teh 3rd channel to actuate (turn on, activate, or whatever you want to call it) so that teh electronic failsafe will short the magneto, this killing your engine.

Additionally, you can assigne one of teh switches on your radio so that with teh push of a button, you can turn off teh engine with the electronic kill switch. Alternatively, (if you are not lazy ), you can reach down an still push the manual push-button kill switch on your engine. (But if your pipe is positioned in such a way that it is over your manual push-button kill, you will burn yourself.)
Old 12-23-2008, 02:24 PM
wan6176

thks will look into it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.