Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Dual disc set up in stock location for FG

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Dual disc set up in stock location for FG

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual disc set up in stock location for FG

I was looking at a firehammer the other day and noticed that it had 2 discs on the back where the stock location of the FG has one. Has anyone tried a similar set up on an FG? and if so, what parts did it take to do it? Im thinking about ordering the brake adapter from Duratrax and try this set up with 2 tuning brake discs since the one from DTX has more surface for 2 discs. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:16 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Dual disc set up in stock location for FG

I havent, but I thought about it.

Since I upgraded my FG with the mechanical 4 wheel brakes, I find 4 discs are absolutely superior than what two discs would ever give.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey savage..I think he is talking about the brake system on the lay shaft.....Correct me if I am wrong..
Yes ....your 4 disk on the wheels are great stopping power......AKASlawhammer
Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yeah, he is thinking about the stock brake in the stock position. I dont see why it wont work, or, since Smartech cloned the FG and therefore FG parts will fit on the Smartech Firehammer, I dont see why the FH parts resold by Dutrtrax cannot be used on the FG. Therefore, If I wanted a dual disc brake in the stock position, I would buy the Smartech dual discs from Duratrax and adapt that to fit the FG. There might be some nuaces to work out, I am sure of it actually, but I think it is feasible.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:25 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the input. I was talking about the brakes on the layshaft. I will eventually get to the point where I run maybe a 2 or 4 wheel brake set up but right now, a 400 set up is out of the question. I have plenty of stopping room but the single brake just seems to fade after a while of high speed passes. If it stops well enough, I might just go with that set up and front disk brakes.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:43 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to that..think the layshaft is 10mm...You might have to get a couple items from tower...The disks and maybe the plates..and longer what 3mm screws?
I also added to my firehammer front cable brakes....Plenty of stopping power....Let us know how it goes....AKASlawhammer