Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

RUN AWAY DAMAGE

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
bentley marshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RUN AWAY DAMAGE

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

what would be good is have a servo near the kill switch and when something is wrong press the 3rd channel to activate the servo to manually activate the kill switch.
A pico switch will do just that but no need for a servo ...... a pico swith will kill the engine if you lose power supply ,lose radio contact
Old 01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: nzkiwi1975

Hey mooman

what was it that you brought?? was it a 4 channel RX??
i bought the tx and rx.
I agree with 46u spare rx's are hard to find but I have found a couple in stock in various stores, and i know that the after service at present is worse than crap..a buddy of mine had to wait 6mths to get his handset back after it crapped out and then it wouldn't bind to any of his 3 receivers. he called them and got a real attitude from the guy on the phone. Nomadio also make guidance stuff for for Dubya's bombs so have kinda shelved the rc stuff for now...george(he looks like alfred e newman don't you think with 1% of the brain) is keeping them pretty busy[&o] it's a shame cos the react is a great handset. I'm currently using a nomadio rx in my fg and a spektrum 3100 in my rampage with the beta software...both work fine.
Found out today though that kill switches do not like water[&o]
Old 01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Not good news! I know that that it is not waterproof, whatever plastic is around it does not fully enclose it.

I know now for sure to stay well away from water. Nothing worse than not haveing taht kill switch from a run-away, especially since gas engines, unlike nitros, like to keep on running even if the fuel tank is empty (the remaining fuel in the line can take as long as 2 min to burn off before air even enters the priming bulb!)
Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
mooman007uk

You can buy waterproofed ones from pb but I'm gonna do it myself with a bunch of silicone, and it was on my rampage which has a poorly sealed radio box so i'm changing that to a duratrax/fg clone box I got lying around