Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Beetle from the Elcon Gods!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:37 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FG BEETLE PRO REBUILD THREAD(my style)

im good now same as that just relaxing here enjoying the forum...having a cup of tea what more could you want lol

i have around 1000pics now also myself and loads of vids,thats the right thing,you can never have enough man.
you should check out my new thread here where i will be lucky to get one of the first of nutechs new gt5r onroad.im going to do a full review on it.should be fun.i will upload plenty vids and pics.its a great looking model now in fairness.

fair play to them.they are building very nice machines now.unique i think..
Old 07-24-2009, 03:27 AM
waqr

So, how is it going with your CAD FG man? I really longing for some more videos of that engine. Are you planning on going to the beach or run it on the tarmac soon? As I have said before, it would be great to see how the engine performs on the tarmac
Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 AM
dc2 man
Banned

so after a long time sitting in the shelf i finally rebuilt my fg beetle diff and installed all new dogbones/diff cups & shafts.greesed up diff and its back in action now thank god.got out yesterday evening for a video run.i couldnt go too mad as there was children nearby area.
this CAD ENGINE is a masterpiece.
my fourth evening in a row running my machines lol
dc2

MIX- 200mill to 5liters
OIL- syntetic

MODEL- fg beetle with complete elcon alloy

ENGINE- CAD G270 hobbythek

WEIGHT- very heavy lol [must weigh]

FILTER- stock fg foam filter with tgn redneck outer.

PIPE- jetpro unsilenced =non restricted.

POWER- 7hp

WEATHER- nice but showery...

TIME SPEND- two hours.

VIDEO- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGuDDmGjkv4

general comments:
this hobbythek cad engine is mental it has unbelievable power and speed...unreal low down grunt and amazing top end also.for a machine this heavy i am very impressed.i am in process of getting video up but its long and u tube is so dissapointing takes so long to upload for me.should be up later this evening.this machine is awesome,elcon &cad is a match that just cant be beaten...so tough.

and vid 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw66IO1-eqM

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70623.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1242635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37675.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1242636  
Old 08-12-2009, 05:02 PM
dc2 man
Banned

ORIGINAL: waqr

So, how is it going with your CAD FG man? I really longing for some more videos of that engine. Are you planning on going to the beach or run it on the tarmac soon? As I have said before, it would be great to see how the engine performs on the tarmac
sorry waqr i never replied here until now. i am planning lots of videos with this machine,i will take it to my onroad location some day for a vid. im having some anoying issus with my jetpro pipe which i must remove and weld in a few places as its leaking some oil.also i need to upgrade to the lauterbaucher 3shoe clutch set up to deal with the power/weight.

i plan on some awesome videos with this though,in the beach,onroad,and offroad......

im working on it at the moment.

dc2
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 AM
waqr

Sounds good Man I really envy you for having so many great cars to both drive and work on. How many gallons of fuel have you run through your engine?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:56 AM
dc2 man
Banned

one of a kind............. NEW CUSTOM/BEETLE ROOF EXIT PIPE..

hello lads i thought i would share this new project with you all and i would like to hear your thought on this new project.

GENERAL REASONS FOR PROJECT-

weight /noise reduction are some of the reasons here.

so i have been usung the jetpro v2 silensed pipe,good performance good looks but thats where it ends..i had a custum side stand for this pipe that went from the original mounting bracket point to the chassis to improve stability and help make it more solid,but it constantly gave me trouble.....leaked the whole time.i just got fed up with that oil leaking around my elcon system and fouling the alloy,also the WEIGHT of this pipe is ridiclous.......and 3rd point i want to make is that when pipe was mounted [hassle also to do] i had no room what so ever to get at anything on the rear end,couldnt get at adjustable shocks with out getting burnt,could not use my fitler cover for sand that they really require in the sand....it was just a pain in the ass....

NEW PIPE-
i will show pics at the bottom of the new pipe fitted,it is actually a high rpm tuned onroad pipe which is so light you cant even feel the weight in your hand it is very easy to install/remove,very light,stainless steel and has the possibility for three differnt positions from rotating it in its exhaust coupling flange.......one is rear exit like a samba,other is roof exit [my choice] and onroad car type side position.....

MODS TO NEW PIPE
me and my friend who is a fabricator have been looking over this for a while and we will begin work on pipe early next week,it will involve cutting/welding and adding extra pipe,as it is its mounted on the desired position but i need to get the manifold exit pipe as straight as possible to inhibit exhaust gas flow......like a samba pipe.......so this will involve cutting/moving pipe on manifold to get to desired position.....to fit this stainless onroad type pipe already required cutting and some welding to make it fit.

WEIGHT REDUCTION....

this is my first step at reducing this fg weight and so far IT IS AWESOME....i can actually lift car now lol,,,,,,,,,also its god damm nice to start this now with out being deafned as the onroad silenser is excellent......lads dont fool yourselves as SOME offroad pipes are a joke and jetpros are just for scooters......they dont even mount properly on these things.......i prob wont even sell mine,spare some misfortune the hassle.
seems as exhaust gas temps are extremly high the best position for a pipe would be facing upward to increase gas exit speed.
this is effectivly a mid to high pipe as i can feel awesome performance in the mid section [img]images/smiley/msn/teeth_smile.gif[/img]

TEST VIDEOS-
remember that pipe hasnt even been modified yet eg-the welding and fitting straight pipe from manifold.
1/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZqKwouhYbk
2/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Xr-nxbVH8

the cement mixer nearly took it out here on first video hahahaha

my opinion here is that SOME offroad pipes are all too loud.........waste of time.....its all about POWER-WEIGHT ratio at the moment with this machine.
and a little peace and quite whilst driving it without loosing my much needed ears lol
but remember that a stock plastic model fg will benifit hugely from a jetpro or other tuned pipe as over all car weight in stock form is low but these alloy beasts are in a whole differnt league.
this pipe sounds awesome but not deafning or ear piercingly loud.

let me know your thoughts.

stay tuned as this is going to be intresting for me as i have a lot of work to do on this.
dc2

<fieldset><legend accesskey="I">Attachments</legend>

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize
[img]{akamaiimageforum}/thumbnails/464442/In26750.jpg[/img]
Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize
</fieldset>
Old 09-13-2009, 04:23 AM
dc2 man
Banned

so whats the latest with my beetle,few people were asking me about it.

well im in the process of sorting a pipe,im getting nutechs pipe (GT5-R} pipe that was one i ordered seperately for this above project,im waiting on the fabricator to sort it,also i need another set of hydros and a complete balldrive set,then i have a bulletproff machine 100percent,i have no intention getting it out until then,the cad engine now hasnt been started in over a month...

so i will keep updated here about it,.

i also have a samba pipe in mind,but most importantly here for this very powerful engine it needs A LAUTERBAUCHER 4 SHOE CLUTCH........
so until i have these upgraded there isnt much point in running it as the stock clutch is crap.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:00 AM
SAVAGEJIM

When you do get that custom pipe sorted and made right, please do post. Ever since you mentioned it in your other thread, it did fire up my curiosity!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 AM
dc2 man
Banned

sj

yes as soon as i have news it will be here.....
Old 09-26-2009, 12:15 PM
dc2 man
Banned

no news here on the beetle its on shelf right now waiting until i can order a lauterbaucher clutch,get the pipe back which my fabricator hasnt done yet and a set of balldrives.

chesk out why im replacing clutch here in this vid lol

do not attempt to toe a tralier with flat tyres..........ahhhh lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAiPE...eature=related