Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

new engine for my fs racing buggy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

new engine for my fs racing buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:34 PM
ck_chino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine for my fs racing buggy

hey guys i may get a new cy 26cc for my fs racing buggy, will i have to do any filing on the engine to get the engine to clear the center driveshaft? does anybody have pics on the area if i have to?

thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 03:55 PM
toez71
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: new engine for my fs racing buggy

ck_chino,, hey yes u do , its a joke no biggy at all, if u got a nice round file and a regular flat file ull be set, i removed the fins on the lower case and once there gone u can try and seat the motor and mock up how much fileing u got to do, mount the rear drive shaft and try and seat the motor, mark with a permanent marker where u got to file and your good from there, also if your running the cy clutch case on that motor u might have to shim the engine from the gear plate, dont worry its not difficult at all, i mount the motor on the chassis first and watch the gap on the gear carrier ,i just threw some washers in the and made it all even, if u got any problems drop me a pm,im in toronto,,lol
Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 AM
ck_chino

hey toez thanks a bunch
as of now i think my motor is a frankenstein compiled with a bunch of diff parts the top end i think is cy as well as the crank case but i think the clutch enclosure is a zenoah, is there a big difference between the zenoah and the cy engine?
thanks
Old 02-19-2009, 04:39 AM
toez71
My Feedback: (4)

well all i remember is when u mount the motor to the chassis first tighten it down, then what ever gap u see between the clutch housing and clutchbell support plate, make up the difference with some shims,(washers)otherwise i found u end up setting off the aligment of the support aswell as the gear support plate,cy and zen should be fine on the cy case being mounted in the fs buggy,on another note, i ended up fileing all grub screws for the yolks flat and also loctite everything on that driveline lol , almost everything had come loose on me the first few outtings,mind u it had a little more power than the stock motor but still alot of the parts worked loose,,
Old 03-03-2009, 03:35 AM
EngageRC

it is plug and play.
cy 26cc and the original 30 cc are interchangeable.