Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MCD Racerunner Braking ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 PM
AntCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCD Racerunner Braking ?

Curious how hard it is to change out the brake disk on the racerunner? also any of you guys have issues with inconsistent braking performance? I understand that due to the weight of these vehicles they need space to stop but for some reason my racerunner seems to brake better than other times regardless of the surface its on. Is there and adjust on the vehicle itself to tighten up the shoes? Have already adjusted the radio the best i can get it w/o frying the servo! thaks ahead
Old 02-22-2009, 06:20 AM
clubin

Default RE: MCD Racerunner Braking ?

THe breaks are always refered to as touchy, mine will lock up the tires on pavement. Hard on part's. lol Maybe you need a new set of pad's open up the breaks and inspect things make sure all the part's are clear of any debris. THe pad's are made of a bronze like material, seems very resiliant to wear, and the rotor's are made of some kind of hardened steel.

somthing might be out on the linkage, are you using the stock t/b linkage, if you are that is your problem, make up a throttle linkage like this.

Another thought, what are you using for a t/b servo?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:59 PM
AntCamp

ORIGINAL: clubin

THe breaks are always refered to as touchy, mine will lock up the tires on pavement. Hard on part's. lol Maybe you need a new set of pad's open up the breaks and inspect things make sure all the part's are clear of any debris. THe pad's are made of a bronze like material, seems very resiliant to wear, and the rotor's are made of some kind of hardened steel.

somthing might be out on the linkage, are you using the stock t/b linkage, if you are that is your problem, make up a throttle linkage like this.

Another thought, what are you using for a t/b servo?

Still using the stock throttle/brake setup straight from largescalerc.com. Seems to lock up sometimes then rolling stop the next. I believe its a hitec 755 im using for the T/B servo. keep in mind that this is my first largescale car and its braking might be fine. Im still used to 1/10 and 1/8 stopping which on asphalt is one a dime. Not sure if this is the norm for a heavy 1/5 scale buggy
Old 02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
SilverSteel

Which kind of RaceRunner do you have?
EVO? which one?
Sport / Competition ?

Check if the carrier of the rotors is secured correctly, there are two small screws you have to fasten securely (use loctite) so that the carrier can't move.

It sounds like one of your brake discs doesn't stay on the carrier.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 PM
AntCamp

its a pre evo racerunner.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:25 AM
SilverSteel

When it is the ProLine (Pre EVO) then you have to check the brake pads, they are probably at the end of their life.
During production of the ProLine series, they changed from GFK brake discs to steel brake discs with Ferodo brake pads. For the new models they use steel brake discs and metal brake pads for the competition line, which are very long lasting.

If you want to make a cheap replacement go to fsracingusa.com and get the brake set from them, replace only the middle brake pad with one from the fs spares and your brake will work like a charm.
The black metal brake discs from fs won't fit without some adjusting.

If you want to have a good solution, grab the converting kit to the new steel brake discs and metal brake pads from MCD

Greetings
SilverSteel