Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Motor mounts for CY29 on a Firehammer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Motor mounts for CY29 on a Firehammer

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:09 PM
bigbademan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mounts for CY29 on a Firehammer

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I posted. When I moved to Chicago last year from Boston, I sold most of my R/C stuf, which I regret. I have a Firehammer w/ a Jetpro V2, an FG adjustable diff. I had the stock engine(CY23704) in it and I am swapping it out for the DDM CY29. I have the FG alloy engine mounts. They bolted to the engine just fine, but they do not line up w/ the chassis holes. Do I need special mounts for this motor, or am I just missing the obvious here. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:31 AM
hellya

Default RE: Motor mounts for CY29 on a Firehammer

FG wont work .....the only placed that sells them and they are in stock .....heres a link

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...au_0001,,,.htm
Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
bigbademan

Thanks Hellya. I still have a question. The mounts worked fine on the old motor (CY23), is the CY29 block different? I might have been mistaken about the mounts being FG. I bought the buggy used a couple of years ago, and the mounts were on it. I aasumed they were FG, since they were alloy aftermarket mounts.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
davido666

Do you have any pictures. How are they not lining up.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:27 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go here, don't order from Hobbythek, 40 bucks for shipping to the US.

I just ordered from here, took about 10 days, shipping will run you probably less than 10 bucks:

http://rcinnovations.co.nz/shop/cata...roducts_id=263
Old 03-07-2009, 02:47 PM
jimjeep

Where in the US are these guys? The banner at the top of the site says that their in New Zealand. I'm guessing that's where their home office is and they have a place here in the US. Nice find BTW. There's alot of stuff there that alot of US distributors don't seem to have. I made sure to bookmark that site for when I'm hunting for something.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: csp1971

I just ordered from here, took about 10 days, shipping will run you probably less than 10 bucks:

Nice find CSP....looks like the smartech hopups are finally hitting the market...alot less $$ than FG parts thats for sure

I just snagged some parts too
Old 03-07-2009, 08:06 PM
csp1971

ORIGINAL: jimjeep

Where in the US are these guys? The banner at the top of the site says that their in New Zealand. I'm guessing that's where their home office is and they have a place here in the US. Nice find BTW. There's alot of stuff there that alot of US distributors don't seem to have. I made sure to bookmark that site for when I'm hunting for something.

Hey jimjeep,

They are actually in New Zealand. A guy name Bryan runs the shop/company. Great service! I had my order here in about 10 days, shipping was cheap. It's best to e-mail them to make sure they have what is on the site in stock and to get a quote on shipping. There is a drop down box on the side of the web page that gives New Zealand currency or you can change it to US currency. A nice feature. I bought the alloy diff mounts and the alloy diff carrier. All totaled about 65 bucks usd with shipping. Not too bad! I'll post some pics up when I have a chance.

csp
Old 03-07-2009, 08:08 PM
csp1971

ORIGINAL: hellya

Nice find CSP....looks like the smartech hopups are finally hitting the market...alot less $$ than FG parts thats for sure

I just snagged some parts too
Definitely good to see some more options out there. I love Hobbythek, but the darn prices on shipping are killer. Powerslide (http://www.powerslideracing.com.au/) is also great as well, located in Australia. Slawhammer pointed me in the direction of both of these companies.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:46 PM
speedy.d

thanks for the link! it is getting good for the old smartech stuff!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:45 AM
hellya

yep I just snagged a smartech traveller for $195 plus ship no servos/radio system....now I can upgrade for cheap
Old 03-08-2009, 07:31 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I thought I would throw this up if this was not metnioned.. Firehamers are no longer sold @ tower[X(][X(]
Old 03-08-2009, 08:59 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hnd man: I don't know where you got your info on that..cuz your full of it...I talked via phone to a tower rep..
they will still sell the Firehammer MT in there RTR section plus firehammer parts...Was said they have no plans
at this time to discontinue this product......Slawhammer
Old 03-08-2009, 09:50 AM
csp1971

yep I just snagged a smartech traveller for $195 plus ship no servos/radio system....now I can upgrade for cheap
Where did you find that deal? Sweet!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:29 PM
pwaicon

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

Hnd man: I don't know where you got your info on that..cuz your full of it...I talked via phone to a tower rep..
they will still sell the Firehammer MT in there RTR section plus firehammer parts...Was said they have no plans
I believe he is referring to the Firehammer Buggy, not the MT version. The buggy is no longer listed on Towers web site, the parts are still available but the buggy is not listed.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:45 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

I thought I would throw this up if this was not metnioned.. Firehamers are no longer sold @ tower[X(][X(]
That is correct..Firehammer buggies are no longer for sale or stocked at tower.... and they dont sell or stock the original Baja anymore either

Where did you find that deal? Sweet!
Look on ebay..... search 1/5 buggy ..........you will see the traveller alittle over $200 right now... its shipped out of Tiawan...seller sells them in lots of 2... the 2 highest bidders get them
Old 03-08-2009, 02:08 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

Look on their website the BUGGY is no longer their Thats where I looked In the RTR section and the FIREHAMMER BUGGY IS GONE
Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
bigbademan

Wow this thread took off...lol I discovered the issue w/ the mounts. There was a brass piece coming off of theback of carb for the throttle cable for a GoPed. it was hitting the diff brace, not allowing the motor to sit correctly. Boy do I feel stupid....lol. I was wondering what that piece was for[:@]. Anyhow, thanks for the links for parts, w/ the new motor, I'll be neeeding some soon!