Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

WoW

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Jared1106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WoW

Cant believe I have not been here in well over a year.
Who is still here? You know who you are..
Old 03-14-2009, 01:08 PM
773W
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: WoW

Im here and I know who I am. Welcome back.............
Old 03-14-2009, 01:14 PM
rawpwr
My Feedback: (1)

Jared1106 I remember ya, Welcome back
Old 03-14-2009, 01:54 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Welcome back!

You still have your gasser RCs? Well bust em out, post some pics and vids, 'cos spring is afoot! And we (at least I) am actually interested to see some spring time gassers bashing about. I know I will be busting out my RCs on a daily basis again once it warms up!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Still here but new to 1/5 scale. I am finishing up phase one on my 5B SS and will be running it for the first time once the weather improves.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
elven wizard

Nice to meet you my names Elven Wizard, glad your back
Old 03-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! More like well over 2 years! Good to have you back Jared. I'd love to fill you in on goings on over the last couple of years, there's lots of news. Some you had run-ins with have been banned, and some that were banned have been reinstated. Are you planning on putting your mod hat back on at all?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 AM
kidd

i'm stilll here. long time no see!
here are pics of my latest test subjects
finally got my 1/5 truggy

with my redcat brand new

the redcat after some changes
Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Jared1106

Yeah I guess it has been a few years.. lol. Time flies when your having fun.. Mod hat. I am not against it, I use to have a lot of fun being a mod.
I got to get my feet wet first and then I will definatly check into it, my hat is dusty. Same old mods still around? When last I was her as mod it was a great bunch to work with.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Foxy

The mod team is still a great bunch of people, but you may find the car mods have completely turned over since you were around. i8tweety and studysession are still with us, but I bet they're the only car mods you'd know. We have a female car mod now as well, Anomie.

What's going on with you in the hobby these days? What cars are you running/planning on running? I assume you're getting ready for summer? I know I am.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Jared1106

Summer is still a few months away up here in northern Maine. I am starting to do some shopping for a 1/5th but not sure what it will be yet.
Yes definatly remember you, i*tweety and study. I have checked out some of the mods and I dont know any of them. As I get some more time I definatly would like to be a mod again, lol, I noticed my sig is as it was when I was a mod.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Foxy

Big developments in 5th scale market in the last two years include...

The Elcon Cleon - One of the ultimate off road racing buggies, arguably one of the finest RC products in existence in my opinion.
All the MCD cars - Turkish 4wd large scale manufacturer. Only 4wd models produced, including a rally car (which can be tuned for dirt or asphalt), a buggy, a trophy truck and a monster truck (enormous car, a full scale bigger than FG).
The FG 4wd competition cars - FGs 4wd effort is finally out and it is is AWESOME. Belt driven full time 4x4. Available in Monster or Baja guises, but currently only as full alloy competition models and only as a kit, we are still waiting for the 4wd ARTRs.
The clones (as in attack of) - Various chinese manufacturers have copied the popular large scale trucks. I'm sure this was going on two years ago, but the market has exploded with clones. Of particular note are the HPI Baja clones by DZY (ShengQi) and King Motors. Worth avoiding in my opinion, as are the FS products, blatant clones of the MCD cars, even takes the majority of MCD parts.
Nutech/Smartech - Do you remember the Titan? It was a Smartech original design, and was pretty good for a Chinese car. Anyway, that was a long time ago, and that chassis has been evolving and evolving. Yesterday I got my hands on a review sample of the latest car, the Nutech Thunderbolt II. You can see my thread near the top of this forum. Very impressive. The first time I say a Chinese car has given the western maunfacturers cause for concern, so far it seems awesome, but I haven't fully tested it yet, that will come soon.

Um, what else... The truck variant of the Baja 5B, the Baja 5T. Oh, yeh, and himoto (HSP, another chinese manufacturer) has also produced some cheaper products which are marketed in the US as Redcat products. The Rampage MT and TT (Monster and buggy respectively), which are loosely based on the MCD design, but certainly not close enough to be called true clones, they are basically an original design, and have taken off greatly in popularity due to the low cost and great support from US aftermarket companies such as Ramtech (aka Rampagehopups.com), Phatdad Racing, Turtle Racing, etc. which are all well known makers of HPI Baja hop ups.

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it. If you've been keeping up with the market and you know all this stuff, feel free to tell me to shut the hell up!!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Welcome back Jared.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:24 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Welcome back Jared.
Yeah man welcome back I'm here off and on myself. And will be around for awhile to talk about certain products that's not allowed on another forum
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
monsterbrad

Buy the 5T you will not be dissapointed
Old 02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
fallen1

i was looking into buying my 1st 1/5th scaler and strongly looking at the redcat buggy so it a good buy?
Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 PM
dc2 man
Banned

fallen one.

why would you go to such and old thread and look for replys in it?

i have been known to be sharp,this looks suspect to me.....

obviously somebody wants to be missed|remembered badly [X(]

(go figure )

Old 02-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Automan

Welcome back Jared, it's really nice to see some of the "old gang" getting back. I have also been away for a few years and just got back here and will begin using my bigscales again and buying stuff and hang around here allot

Jared, i see that this post is a few months old so did you get any new 1/5 or what ? Im just now looking for a new car, and really don't know what to choose Some of the ideas i had was Hpi baja 5b ss kit, hpi baja 5t, mcd baja 1000, and maybe try the redcat monster with some upgrades....... I have a fully hooped up fg monster truck and a biiiig mcd hummer h1, so i wanted something different... but it's hard to choose what to get [sm=72_72.gif] Maybe i just get som cool upgrades for my hummer... maybe an even bigger engine and a different pipe etc, or... im going crazy, what should i do [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Take care !
Old 02-18-2010, 01:52 PM
wan6176

welcum back