Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

HELLO need some help in this department

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HELLO need some help in this department

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 AM
laganm21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLO need some help in this department

I am getting tryed of the nitros now all ways tuning and buying overly price gas and only getting 5 gallon out of a motor so i want to get a gasser but i really dont know what the pros and cons are of these i never know any one who has had one but i really what a 4x4 i see on ebay that FS racing make some are these any good and what is the most common thing to beak on a gasser i would love to hear so in put remember im new to gasser's Thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HELLO need some help in this department

First, have you read the FAQ at the top of the forum?

The most common thing to break is different from model to model. On the FS cars, it's the bearings and engines that give up first. You have to understand these (FS cars) are the cheapest of the cheap entry level vehicles, they need some work to be fast and reliable.

What's the max budget, up and running (bear in mind, the more you spend initially, the less you'll spend in the future, and the less frustration you'll have. The most common misconception of people coming from nitro to gas, is that the cars are just as durable. Of course they are not. 12-15kilos travelling 45mph plus, is going to do a lot of damage when you get it wrong. The cars are fast and heavy, the engines very torquey, so things do break sometimes.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:00 AM
laganm21

well the limit for me is about 900 to a grand and i just want something to go run in the trail and do a little hill climbing not really big into jumping i all ready learned my lesson on that
Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Foxy

Two words for you then... HPI Baja

Redcat Rampage may also be a good option for you if you must have a 4wd monster truck. I would strongly recommend the HPI Baja as a first gasser to anyone though. The aftermarket support is outstanding, literally hundreds of thousands have been sold, so there's lots of support from other hobbyists, and it's a good price for what you get. It's fast out of the box, and probably the most reliable gas RTR out of the box too, though not without its own minor issues.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 AM
laganm21

is the 4x4 make that much of a difference in gasser's because i know on the nitro's its night a day i like to climb and pull stuff and i really dont care about speed i love toqure i have a nitro on road if i want to go fast i just want something that the driveline is good in beefy diffs and metal trans you know
Old 03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
laganm21

i understand that a arm and stuff like like will break i just dont like buying a truck and the diff and not up to par and cheap drivetrain gears oh yeah also with a plug goes bad do you have to buy a plug that the truck Copany make or can you just run down to the local auto store and pick on up And are the gasser easy to tune or better yet do they hold a tune well that what is making me mad and getting out of nitro i get the thing tune in aswome and the next time i run im back at it again it gets old
Old 03-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: laganm21

is the 4x4 make that much of a difference in gasser's because i know on the nitro's its night a day i like to climb and pull stuff and i really dont care about speed i love toqure i have a nitro on road if i want to go fast i just want something that the driveline is good in beefy diffs and metal trans you know
Well, it's less pronounced a difference than with nitro, that's for sure, but it is a noticeable difference. Personally, I find 2wd a bit more rewarding to drive, especially when just bashing, it takes technique. 4wd will pull and climb better of course (depending on diff selection). None of the entry level cars come with an all-metal drivetrain (which is needed, especially if pulling and climbing is your bag), except the Smartech and Nutech ones.

If as you say, you don't like corners cut on materials, you want a strong drivetrain, etc. etc., then I'm afraid you need to spend more money, or be prepared to buy quite a few hopups for any cheap car you buy. The plugs are regular automotive ones, you can buy them at any auto shop. Take the old one with you so you don't get the wrong kind. CMR7H is the code I think.

Don't let me put you off though, the benefits of gassers FAR outweigh the disadvantages, you just have to be patient at first, especially if you get a cheap clone or something.

PS. Unlike nitros, you will actually rarely break any arms.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:51 PM
hellya

another word for you...... 4x4 redcat rampage www.rampagehopups.com

Every 1/5 vehicle made requires some type of hopup or add on to help make it last longer