Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Is this a good buy for $1K

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Noc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good buy for $1K

I've got an HPI baja SS with 30.5cc motor. I love to big scale. Now I'm starting to like the FG cars. Is this one on [link=http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4642/.f]FG on DDM[/link]. I want to turn this into a on road car with 2 speed. Is this a good start? What else is needed with this package to run? Servo, receiver I'm sure.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 08:08 PM
mooman007uk

Default RE: Is this a good buy for $1K

they're great buggies especailly on road with the truck slicks and a 2 speed, i just got rid of mine but had used the set up you're on about. i would see if DDM have the HT version that comes with alloy engine mounts and diff and a few other extras. You'll need your own electrics and you'll want to get a good pipe too
Old 03-23-2009, 09:01 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Is this a good buy for $1K

That is not a bad deal, especcially with the upped displacemnt engine.
These are zippy little buggies, on-road or off-road, and since you are going two speed, that will help your top end because you can gear up on both 1st and 2nd gears to tame some of the torque and also restore to you some top speed since longer stroke engins generally turn a bit slower than shorter stroke engines. Additionally, since you are going to be on-roading, that two-speed gearset will be great. Just be sure to get those slicks that Mooman was mentioning, they will help you grip the aslphalt a little better than off-road tires.