Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

firehammer mt wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 10:37 PM
madforce11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firehammer mt wheelies

is there anybody out there that has a firehammer mt that can do wheelies I have a new firehammer mt and would to know if there is anybody out there that has a truck that can I am willing to spend the money to get it to do so. Any ideas will be glad for any information that will help. Got fg truck it will do wheelies on command.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:10 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: firehammer mt wheelies

Jetpro pipe does it for me.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:29 PM
rckiwi

Yep a good pipe will do it also look at using a FG 14T pinion gear for diff to lower gear ratio
Old 03-27-2009, 11:50 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FG pinions do not work correctly with a Firehammer. The only place to get lower teeth pinions is Hobbythek in Germany.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: madforce11

is there anybody out there that has a firehammer mt that can do wheelies I have a new firehammer mt and would to know if there is anybody out there that has a truck that can I am willing to spend the money to get it to do so. Any ideas will be glad for any information that will help. Got fg truck it will do wheelies on command.
What engine do you have in it? Is it the stock DTX engine? If so, try mounting the Zenoah engine (I assume it is 26cc). And the wheelies will come very easily.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:33 AM
davido666

Here is a guy doing wheelies on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-1hC...eature=related
Old 03-28-2009, 10:47 AM
SAVAGEJIM

But that is not the stock DTX engine. The guy upgraded the engine into a CY29cc and also slapped on a pipe.

If you upgrade the engine with a Zen 26cc (or even CY larger displacement engine) and matche a low end torque pipe to it, the wheelies will come with every hard pull of the trigger.

Also, I forgot to mention: if the Firehammer comes stock with 18T pinion and 46T spur (on the clutch and 1st shaft), lower your gear ratio by going tith a 16T & 48T. Or if there are lower gears out there (say like 15T & 49T or even 14T & 50T, if they exist) get those. These lower gear ratios are torque mulrtipliers at the wheel; thus meaning wheelies are a bit easier to achieve.
However, even with 16T/48T combo, I still doubt DTX (or any other unmodded 23cc engine for that matter) the has the torque to pull any wheelies at all. So, going with a more powerful engine is still a must.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:16 AM
davido666

The firehammer uses a 19/48 gear set. If you want to use a fg gear set you have to replace the gear support plate. The shaft spacing is different. You will not have the correct mesh if you use the FG gears. You need a FG gear support plate.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember,there is a point beyond the wheeliepoint,and that is more power than grip-point
Old 03-28-2009, 12:28 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: davido666

The firehammer uses a 19/48 gear set. If you want to use a fg gear set you have to replace the gear support plate. The shaft spacing is different. You will not have the correct mesh if you use the FG gears. You need a FG gear support plate.
Then do that, that will! That 19T gear is actually rather high and dropping to a 16T gear will actually give a torque multiplier advantage.
The gear carrier plate can be had for not too much more money.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:33 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Remember,there is a point beyond the wheeliepoint,and that is more power than grip-point
True, and that is where an adjustable clutch can actually be used to compensate.
Wheelies on green grass will be very easy to get than on slipperier surfaces such as loose dirt or a hard smooth surface or wet surfaces. Like in the vid, the guy with the 29cc CY and pipe upgrades was pulling wheelies easily on grass where he would most likely been throwing more rooster tails in dirt or peeling out on concrete (unless he traded in slicks).