Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

My FG MT update so far

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 PM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My FG MT update so far

today i have modified the engine , put in a raceported 36mm ESP head with 2mm stuffer crank , allanach zero drag seals , raceported stock crab with choke hardware removed and holes filled , TGN race pipe with stupid silencer removed and welded on a chrome extension exiting the rear, 8thou clutch spring . The sound is ear popping deafness the power is just unbelievable , its popping wheelies like a mad dog lol all this mounted on the stock zen crankcase . all i want to do now is get maybe a bolt on oneils reed kit , alloy engine mounts , alloy carrier, full alloy diff, and i need to see where i can get the rear roll bars that are mounted in the back of the tray.. SO i just played with it in the back yard just less than a minute before the neighbors went crazy about the noise and ill give it a full speed run friday night .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45109.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1171014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70748.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1171015  
Old 04-02-2009, 12:29 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: My FG MT update so far

That is nothing short of impressive! The GoNads pipe actually looks cool going forward like that.
(I considered getting one myself, but I thought that the pipe would look stupid)

LOL at the neighbors, I know how you feel, I too spent much of Monday evening taking out my clutch to drop in the teflon shoes, I toughed out the cold because I really wanted to feel how the new shoes grabbed onto the CB; it was like 10PM at night! (I think someone called the police, because about 10min after I took in my FG and put it away, a cop car drove by)
Old 04-02-2009, 12:50 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

That is nothing short of impressive! The GoNads pipe actually looks cool going forward like that.
(I considered getting one myself, but I thought that the pipe would look stupid)

LOL at the neighbors, I know how you feel, I too spent much of Monday evening taking out my clutch to drop in the teflon shoes, I toughed out the cold because I really wanted to feel how the new shoes grabbed onto the CB; it was like 10PM at night! (I think someone called the police, because about 10min after I took in my FG and put it away, a cop car drove by)
LOL yeah the noise is just deafening i dont know what it is i think its the big bore 36mm ESP head combined with the nickel plated race pipe the sound and power is just nuts , forgot to mention the zero drag seals are allanache TEFLON seals and im suprised how good they work , i wanted to get the brass seals but they were sold out , i running brass seals on my ESP baja5b and they do the job , so i dont know how long these teflon seals will last with heat , its a ripp off that ddm sell the teflon seals at $29 compared to brass seals that is the same price of $29 also the teflon seals should sell for less i think . I also changed out the crappy stock 1500mah battery and replaced it with the 4600mah flat pack that DDM sell , this batt is really good after charging it and putting it back in the truck the differance in power that the servos had was really powerfull compared to the stock battery, glad i decided to put one in my order
Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn! In for video!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:32 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Damn! In for video!
yep the vids will happen soon i hope cos i still need to buy a decent vid camera , if there is any money left over after spending it all on mods and the mods i continue to plan for it
still waiting for my government stimulas package lol and deciding either to buy a bunch of big cuban cigars or a decent vid camera lol but i think i'll have to get the camera or ill get a bad name for having awsome powerfull rc cars and never posting vids lol, but i like my cigars too while driving my rc's
Old 04-02-2009, 06:40 AM
mikeinoz

I've seen those teflon seals cause quite a few motors to eat dirt and die, good luck with them.
By the way what it did it cost to get an FG MT sent over to Oz from DDM?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM
splcrazy

I bought it in a hobby shop in australia for 2000 dollars the price has gone upto 2400 , if i were to get one from ddm its would be 1800 plus a couple more hundred in shipping and more hundred dollars in tax customs charges so i was lucky to find and aussie retailer
Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
splcrazy

Everyone says bad thing about the engine seals even the brass type , but im running them aswell in my baja and i run that in all sorts of dirty soil enviroments for a long time now and nothing has happened .