Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Update on my build/help me choose a fuel tank?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Update on my build/help me choose a fuel tank?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
naynay12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on my build/help me choose a fuel tank?

Well my rebuild is slow at the moment but these pics show what i have in mind.
I am using a spare transmission just for something to connect the sprocket to,so no gear reduction there.Also it will make brakes easier.The transmission and diff will be connected with a custom made small dogbone.And the engine wil have a sprocket mounted to it.Now if i put the 750cc fuel tank at the front,even though there is room there,i will not get much traction since it is 2wd,becausealot of the weight would be positioned at the front,aswell as bad handling.
So i am looking at a smaller fuel tank that would be able to fit in the room i have at the back,with as much runtime as possible?Any suggestions on tanks that may fit?It may be a larger nitro tank also.If i connected 2 nitro tanks together,how would that go?Any other suggestions on positioning welcome.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70388.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1172123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63772.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1172124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16989.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1172125  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
naynay12

Default RE: Update on my build/help me choose a fuel tank?

Sorry i forgot to show a pic of the whole car.As you can see i would like to make it a bit shorter also,since it had a shocking turning radius before.So if i can find a tank the can fit under the engine near the gearbox,that would be great...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13349.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1172917  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:41 PM
drewcrew6

Hey naynay

A tank from most weedeater should fit if you look at my truck look at the tank on there that is the stock weedeater tank.

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8397120/anchors_8497708/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#8497708[/link]

As far 2 tanks I would think that there would be feed issues any way I can think of tying them together.

Drewcrew6
Old 04-05-2009, 03:14 AM
naynay12

Sorry the area looks larger then it really is, I have tried 2 weedeater tanks,also the main concern is that the tank has to be less then 3 inches high.Im just wondering if any tanks of a certain rc vehicle may fit,or any other bright ideas.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:08 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

I'd go to the wreckers and have a look at things like containers for windscreen washer fluid, brake fluid containers or maybe radiator overflow containers.
You might find something that's the right size and shape.
Might even be an idea to look at motorcycles as averything's a bit smaller on them....

Or a nice stainless steel hipflask laying down?

Other than that......
Maybe use a fuel tank like the one on Drewcrew's car, and if it's too high, carefully heat it up with a heatgun so you can change the shape of it to fit snugly under the motor.