Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

AWD sportsline?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 03:24 PM
ZX9RBART

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD sportsline?

Has anyone done it? is it even possible. I would be very interested in making my FG sportsline AWD.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Default RE: AWD sportsline?

im sure it can be done with the new kamitrio 4x4 sets which cover most models now.

i think i heard on another fourm before that the new 4x4 conversion kits can b fitted to the onroads too,im not 100 percent on this but would be worth enquiring in to,you could also make up your own one if you had the time lol

i also have a thread here for my onroad car (carson onroad tested to the max) they are great fun arnt they,have you got a fg sportline?

here is the link

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...mi_kit,,,,.htm
Old 04-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or,just use the newly(or soon to be) released 4wd-kit from FG,way much cheaper and better as i have seen it.As the wheelbase for the Sportline is 535 mm (or is it?),and the wheelbase for the Marder/Monsters and Leopard are shorter,you have to get a longer belt for this kit (i am sure there is one that will fit),and extend the cover for the belt.I dont excactly remember the difference between the onroad and offroad suspension and steering,or if these fits in the same holes in the chassiplate,so this is hard to say if it will be a "bolt on" or not.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:15 PM
ZX9RBART

DC2man, yes I do http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8642962/tm.htm
Lars, do you have a link to this?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I dont know if anyone has it in stock yet, not in the US at least.
But Foxy did find a link of a European site that should already be stocking them (at least back in late Feb or early Mar, the site said it would have them by Apr).
Old 04-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Lars from Norway

ORIGINAL: ZX9RBART

Lars, do you have a link to this?
Yep,[link=http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi]click here![/link]
Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 PM
ZX9RBART

Thanks, I see the awd conversion kit for every car except the sportsline. Am I just missing it?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:31 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Also, what is the current Euro to USD exchange rate?

270 Euros!
http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh....kami_kit,.htm
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
ZX9RBART

355 USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That really is not a bad price, especially considering the FG 2speed gearset costs about $240USD This 4wd upgrade kit is only roughly 50% more.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
ZX9RBART

It says it is for the truck version which as stated above has a longer chassis, would it work? I wonder how much and how hard it would be to find the correct belt?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:58 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Unfortunately, I do not know if it would be suitable for the sportline. I have that in my sights because I do have the FG MT.

But if you need a shorter belt, Iam sure Pro5th and FG Supply will have the shorter belt form the comp versions, you would just have to know the PN.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:42 AM
kingpin123

man would love for somebody to tell me if this fg 4wd kit can really work????? would love to get one right aways if it could work.

so all you would need to do to make it work is a shorter belt?

please please anybody with info on this , i think alot of other people that has the sportline would like to know

or maybe if anybody know from fg if they are making any kits for the sportline, ?? i mean why make for all the other fg and not the sportline, think that would be dumb not to make
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Lars from Norway

ORIGINAL: ZX9RBART

It says it is for the truck version which as stated above has a longer chassis, would it work? I wonder how much and how hard it would be to find the correct belt?
Monster Truck version that is,you thought it was for the "onroad"-truck maybe?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
ZX9RBART

Yes, I guess I did.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
kingpin123

i wish it was for onroad trucks, that would have been great. just dont understabd why they would not have made for onroad version, as i think everybody does have problems with these on roads spinning out
Old 04-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Lars from Norway

I guess the reason for why they dont make the kits for onroads is that it is not legal in racing,i think they will sell more kits to offroaders for people who likes to have fun and go bashing,and the onroaders to people with racing in mind,therefore making the onroad 4wd-kits more expensive to make as they will not sell so many as for the offroaders.Do you understand my norwegian thinking?

I dont think the different bulkheads from Marder/Monsters are interchangeable with the Sportline,they have different partnumbers,and the Marder/Monster has a kick up in front of the chassiplate which the Sportline dont have,maybe this will mess up the wheel angles.

Anyway,it would have absolutely been nice if they made a 4wd kit for the Sportline!As some of you might remember i have a Marder that is converted to onroad,so it will fit my car as long as i get a belt that is longer than the belt in the kit as i have stretched the chassiplate to get the right wheelbase for the body.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:05 AM
kingpin123

hey do you have any pics og the buggiy you converted in to onroad??? would like to know what all you did to do that

thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Lars from Norway

Pics?I have the whole thread [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7970048/tm.htm]here[/link]
Old 04-14-2009, 09:31 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I had totally forgotten about that thread!

Amd the offroad 4wd fitting into it? Genius!

I too wish the onroaders (Sprotline in particular) were 4WD, I am so spoiled to 4WD that even my one lonely 10th scale nitro onroader is 4wd (actually, I cannot think of a 10th scale on-roader that is not 4WD).
So, if I were to go onroad gas, I would really like a 4WD. As for doing a Marder on-road project of my own, I am saving this link and the link to your own thread. I will try to see if I can buy a used Marder, do the conversion, and slap on the FG 4WD kit!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Lars from Norway

Well,i havent tried the 4wd conversion,but as long as i get a longer belt with the same dimentions and pitch(?) i guess this will work!I hope you will make a conversion as i have done,that thread will surely be bookmarkedTo your benefit;there is already 535 mm wheelbase chassiplates on the market for the Marders(and Monsters as they are the same),i was told this after i hade stretched my chassiBut i am pretty satisfied with the outcome of my conversion anyway.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
kingpin123

just one thing lars, why did you have to cut the chasis in half?? could you have not used the same chasis that it came with , or did you do it to fit the onroad bodies??

if you did not cut it then i think for sure the 4wd drive would fit and the belt, but is still really looks cool might think on doing it myself but dont want to cut the chasis, then i can get the 4 wd kit to fit
Old 04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Lars from Norway

The body is designed to fit a chassis with 535 mm wheelbase so i had to extend it as the Marder have a wheelbase on 465 mm.The body is originally to be used on MCD rally,i took a picture of my 1/1 Ford Focus and resized it to 1/5th scale so i saw that the body would not foul the cage and wing mount.The Marder with onroad wheels at the rear is just about 380 mm wide,as is the MCD body,thank God![8D]

Sure,if i hadnt cut and extended it the kit would have fit perfectly!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:34 PM
kingpin123

oh ok that explains it.

hey can anyone tell me what all comes with the new 4wd kit? as i was on rccaronline and saw the pics, does it come with all those stuff you see in the pics? i am assuming it does not come with the chasis right?? or what all stuff do you get with it but looking at the pics not sure what is included

thanks