Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG 4WD with 2 speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 03:54 PM
jasrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG 4WD with 2 speed

All of my parts are geting shipped out in the next couple of day [ cant buy the 4wd conversion kit yet ] so i have brought it in peices [ and some parts iv upgraded to alloy ]

who here is running a fg 4wd with a 2 speed ?
Old 04-11-2009, 04:22 PM
pwaicon

Default RE: FG 4WD with 2 speed

I put a 2 speed on my Baja Comp. It needed to modify the lay shaft in order to get it to fit. I haven’t been able to run it much due to a part I am waiting for, but so far I am pleased with it. I posted the mod on the 2 speed in my build thread, I believe it is post #173 [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7772343/mpage_7/key_/tm.htm[/link].

Be sure to keep us updated on your 4wd conversion.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
jasrx

cool ,
i figured id need to shorten the layshaft . i think ill just put a tack of weld to hold the gear [ incase the grub screws backout]

im hopping to have all of my parts here in a week and a bit time . then its FUN TIME , pulling everything apart and puting it back together as a 4WD .
Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 AM
pwaicon

Sounds like you are going to have some fun, I love the build process!! Make sure you take some pics to share with us.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 AM
kingpin123

i think with the 2 speed on 4wd you will have best of both worlds, as you can gear it to take off so hard and dont worry about wheel spin, and then you can gear the second gear for insane top end

what you guys think and that?? or if anybody did that as yet?? i am thinking on doing it

rrally wish they would make a 4wd kit for the sportlines cars also
Old 04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I agree, a 4wd for sport line and 2speed so you can zip around at low speeds and keep in your preferred RPM bandwidth and a higher gear ratio to do the top speed passes for your on-road running!

As for an on-road with the possibility of 4wd from FG's new 4wd upgrade kit and still being able to use FG's 2speed gearset, have you all seen Lar's Marder converstion to on-road?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7970048/tm.htm
Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A thought strucked me,as FG is making a chassiplate for Marder/Monster with the 535 mm wheelbase,why dont they make a 4wd kit that will fit this chassi?I guess it is only the belt and the box for the belt that has to be extended
Old 04-15-2009, 07:18 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That is not a bad idea at all! I hope FG catches wind of this thread, because that would be a great idea that allows them to diversify their existing RCs some without haveing to do anything very expensive!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
jasrx

well i have modded the 2 spd layshaft .
and here is some build pics

Old 04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
jasrx

i just came in from giving the FG its first run ......... WOW i like it - it reminds me of a 1/8th buggy > traction central . with the jetpro pipe and the clutch the front wheels lift off the ground [ when i gave it a quick spin up the road] . i have to change shock oil [ i think i have too thin in there ] best thing is that it only runs 4 shocks [ compard to the MT/ST] so i can setup the other 4 with diffrent wt oils and change them over easy .