Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

hardened gears

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 09:08 PM
littlebri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hardened gears

I just got a jetpro v2 pipe for my fg mt. My problum is that I already had one tooth missing off the gear that goes around the diff. Well it didn't take long before that gear and the one it rides on were completly destroyed. Does anyone know of a good hardened set that will fit? BTW that pipe sounds awsome!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
jasrx

Default RE: hardened gears

i think u may find that a rock broke your gear or the mesh is off .....

no need for hardened gears , if its setup correctly .
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I too think a rock got a good hold of your gears there, well, really it would have to be some piece of metal because I find the stock FG diff gears will chew up rocks into powder very easily.

I am thinking that you either got something metal into that, or if you did alot of jumping, you landed the RC from a rather high jump while gassing it or the brakes locked up tight. The mass of the heavy RC plus the landing force could have done a number on that gear! Actually, in this case, I am surprised your plastic pinion and spur did not give first!

Can you post a pic of the carnage?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:43 AM
splcrazy

after having a look at my FG MT more closely i dont understand why that main diff gear is out in the open like that, pretty stupid to have all the gears exposed like this for an off road , to me this FG MT seems like its a on road car setup with MT wheels lol
Old 04-14-2009, 05:38 AM
dc2 man
Banned

hello

i too have the jetpro silenced pipe and they are great i run it on the race ported o neills 27.2 engine,you can see it here on my (fg beetle rebuild my style) thread,also you can see the gears i used at the start which i would be recomending you to use,they are wider hardned gears,the one that comes with the mt they usually always break,mine did at the start also,they are just too narrow....

here is a link to the ones i used before changing to all helical.

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...ahnraeder,.htm

dc2 man
Old 04-14-2009, 08:00 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

after having a look at my FG MT more closely i dont understand why that main diff gear is out in the open like that, pretty stupid to have all the gears exposed like this for an off road , to me this FG MT seems like its a on road car setup with MT wheels lol
I agree. One of the first things I did on my 2wd FG was to get a comp plastic cover to help cover the pinion to the diff. I currently have to live with the diff gear still exposed, the comp plastic cover has helped a bit to deflect would-be debris from entering there. But some pebbls still make it in. Fortunately, they just get cruched up into dust and the RC keeps on going like nothing happened.