Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Diff rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 AM
cuemando

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff rebuild

G'day to all out there in 1/5 RC world, it's a great world to be in.
My current issue, apart form my Carson Comanche being in bits on my pool table, is how do I get my diff back together correctly. I don't seem to be able to get all the gears back in. Is there a knack to it, tongue out with tip up to the right? Do all the gears have to go back in together? A link to some instructions would be great or just explain it to me. I've been trying all day in between V8 supercars and on the net looking for info.
Cheers, cuemando.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:13 AM
victory-rc

Default RE: Diff rebuild

ORIGINAL: cuemando

G'day to all out there in 1/5 RC world, it's a world to be in.
My current issue, apart form my Carson Comanche being in bits on my pool table, is how do I get my diff back together correctly. I don't seem to be able to get all the gears back in. Is there a knack to it, tongue out with tip up to the right? Do all the gears have to go back in together? A link to some instructions would be great or just explain it to me. I've been trying all day in between V8 supercars and on the net looking for info.
Cheers, cuemando.

I was about to post a link for you,but i just read your signature.[:-]
Old 05-03-2009, 11:32 AM
cuemando

Oh well. Go hug your cat real hard for me.[>:]
Old 05-03-2009, 12:36 PM
victory-rc

Oh well. Go hug your cat real hard for me.[>:]

LOL... Hes 26 lbs,he'l claw me to death
try this link > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSoEB...e=channel_page

Old 05-03-2009, 12:46 PM
pwaicon

G'day to all out there in 1/5 RC world, it's a great world to be in.
Cheers, cuemando.
Here is an exploded view diagram of the Firehammer MT diff which is the same as the Carson Comanche. It shows how the diff goes together, hope it helps. [link]http://downloads.hobbico.com/evpl/dtx/dtxd98-exploded.pdf[/link]
Old 05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have sent you a pm cuemando
Old 05-03-2009, 10:04 PM
cuemando

Thanks to victory-rc, I didn't think I'd hear from you again. Some cat people can be a bit protective.The baja diff is a lot better design than the FG clones and seems easy to assemble and a lot tougher. Dunno about the FG monster trucks, I guess they are the same. I have a cd with FG stuff on it but haven't found it yet.
Thanks also to pwaicon, I knew how it should've gone together but just can't get it to go together.
Special thanks to Lars, it seems that all the gears have to go in together. It'll be a bit tricky with the shims as all together i have 9 to worry about. 5 large and 4 small. I'll just have to figure out which end needs 3 large ones. The smalls are easy as they hadn't fallen out, 2 each side.
Oh well, it's back to the workshop/pool table and keep your fingers crossed for me.
Cheers all.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:57 AM
cuemando

Ok, update time.
I've got the diff back together. Fluked it in a way. If I put the gears and shims with the pin that goes all the way through in together, then put the drive gears in together, one from one side, the other from the other side, they go in easy, then slip the shims in and line them up with the shafts, hey presto, all together........but, the hole lot sounds clicky? if you know what i mean. I have left one shim out so there are two shims on each gear. I'll grease it, put it all back together and see what it's like after a bit of a run.