Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

ShengQi 1/5th Scale Petrol Radio Controlled Baja Buggy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

ShengQi 1/5th Scale Petrol Radio Controlled Baja Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 02:51 PM
delboy630

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ShengQi 1/5th Scale Petrol Radio Controlled Baja Buggy

Guys

Has anyone have one of the ShengQi 1/5th Scale PetrolRadio Controlled Baja Buggy ,as I am interested i getting one, I understand the debate over getting a clone over the real thing HPI. I am needing to know what the build is like and how it runs, the likes/dislikes of this make. Some photos would be nice. Lookforward to and enlightened debate.

Regards Delboy
Old 07-26-2009, 03:12 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Default RE: ShengQi 1/5th Scale Petrol Radio Controlled Baja Buggy

talk to the lads here on this thread they know every thing there is to know about any clones.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7249314/tm.htm

these topics have been done to death...

i myself would buy the name even the plastics are better quality......

Old 07-26-2009, 03:29 PM
sparky 25

I got my king motor baja at christmas and have given it lots of abuse,

for the money you save over the hpi baja you could leave it bullet proof and still have heaps of change,

most of the people against running a clone have never even owned one or had first hand experience with one,

the only thing to have broken on my km baja was a lower front a-arm and that was my own fault i hit a concrete post

i think if you can get a sq baja or km baja at the right money they are an excellent buy,

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68979.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1243986  
Old 07-26-2009, 06:17 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

I have 2 tq 1/5 vehicles. I will tell you up front the quality lacks on all plastics. The CY engines run great though. Motor mounts, A - arms. metal gear/set screws, servos, air filter etc are horrible. Most set screws you wont even be able to remove like in the gears they strip out with ease I have had to drill and tap out all of them to a bigger size and better quality set screws. Easy enough to do for anyone that has the equipment but still a pain in the buttocks. However I have upgraded many of the plastics to HPI, some fit perfectly other's are slightly different and need modifications ( like the motor mounts). The vehicles now are as reliable as the hpi counterparts and the good side of it is I have still spent less upgrading them than if i had just bought the HPI outright. Whether to suggest to someone to go ahead and buy a TQ all depends if they don't mind the setbacks and upgrades like myself.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:23 PM
lynts

First time out i snapped lower rear wishbone,replaced with hpi original and you can tell the difference in strength,second time out it popped the rear suspension out of the shock tower after some heavy off-roading i admit,had to get a new ball socket and screw to put it back in and thats when i realised just how cheap the plastic is as the bolt just threaded in the plastic shock tower so i drilled a hole right through and put a lock nut on the back.Third time out it blew one of the front shocks,they look all alloy but one half is plastic thread and its destroyed the thread so am waiting for some genuine hpi ss shocks now.
If you take it offroad and not just for a spin in the park you are going to have to spend some money upgrading bits but i am going for all alloy arms a tuned exhaust and new shocks wich works out the same price as hpi baja but with plenty alloy.