Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

2 Speed Gear box for HPI

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 AM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 Speed Gear box for HPI

Thanks for posting the video, the car has good acceleration off the line!!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:43 AM
BKNate

Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 PM
BKNate

I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Paul1981

Sounds and looks fantastic.  Is anyone planning to do an MCD 2 or 3-speed to go with the Baja and FG 'boxes?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 PM
roccos_van
My Feedback: (1)

I hate to play devil's advocate here; but Logon did you buy this and was it shipped to you or are you a 'tester'?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
BKNate

Mr.Logon will you be showing us some more of those high 2 speed runs with that (Amazing) 2 speed of yours.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
logon69

Noproblem I am more than happy to answer your question. I have paid for my two speed but it was overthesummer because the two speed development started at the end of last summer. The 2 speed that I am using is the third prototype made by BCRP. The revision has only been tothe 2nd speed claw. The first two wore out and failed quickly. As far as the rest of the two speed it has remained unchanged (including the one way bearings). In the beginning the 2 speed had the usual issues. Mainly inconsistantengagement. The rest of the two speed is quite a few months old.
This pawl hasworked perfectly so far as heard in the video. I have 8+ tanks on the the pawl with an ESP 30.5. The BigBore pipe is a new addition.I bolted it up rightbefore the video.
ORIGINAL: roccos_van

I hate to play devil's advocate here; but Logon did you buy this and was it shipped to you or are you a 'tester'?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:50 PM
roccos_van

Logon what about the people out there who sent money to BRC? Will they be getting thier 2SP soon? BKNate made alot of bold statements a few weeks back and it seems we are still waiting with baited breath.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:05 PM
logon69

From my last conversation with Joe it will be very soon. He said that next week should be it. He has had a big issue with his steel hardener getting the work done.
I will try to get intouch with himtommorow.
I know we are all excited about wrapping our fingers on the 2 speed. I sure was!Iknow what growing impatient is like as I have no patience for waiting for new RC parts either.
Unfortunately when one needs to rely on another company......stuff happens that is out on ones control.Nothing like relying on someone else to help make you look like an ass. Rest assured they are coming.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:17 PM
BKNate

Thanks for the reply. I heard you guys offer customs gear ratio for no extra charge? that would be great because I would love to have choose to change my gears based on the terrain that I'm running other than having a fixed gear ratio.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 PM
roccos_van

ORIGINAL: logon69

From my last conversation with Joe it will be very soon. He said that next week should be it. He has had a big issue with his steel hardener getting the work done.
I will try to get in touch with him tommorow.
I know we are all excited about wrapping our fingers on the 2 speed. I sure was! I know what growing impatient is like as I have no patience for waiting for new RC parts either.
Unfortunately when one needs to rely on another company......stuff happens that is out on ones control. Nothing like relying on someone else to help make you look like an ass. Rest assured they are coming.
Yes, I agree. I'm feeling better now that you are responding more rationally than NATE. I agree that "stuff happens" but I'm still upset about taking peoples money as I didn't see it as necessary until the units were ready to ship but I am feeling better with your calm, rational responses. I hope you and BRC come through like you said.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:47 PM
logon69

For all intensive purposes it was supposed to work out that way. I wish I could put into words the antacid bills that Joe has had. He has a lot of his money vested in BCRP. Depending on people is my per pieve in life. I like to handle things all by myself but in business that simply cannot happen for the little guy. Wheather you agree or not. What done is done! Murphy's law happens. The saving grace will be the product and hopefully it will speak for itself.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:53 PM
BKNate

Nicely put!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:05 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

rocco can u sleep peacefully now? hehehehe..i feel your concern to the people that sent money..which is good?but i say no worries..they wont runaway with it..you can trust them..maybe u can make a deal with them like send a deposit like u suggested..
Old 03-26-2010, 02:11 AM
circa5angles

Did you send out money for this?
I"m not seeing anything wrong with what "NATE" wrote here.
Yes he said it would be here. But how many other companies have said this in the past? And yet not a whisper from anyone?

I know we are all excited about wrapping our fingers on the 2 speed. I sure was! I know what growing impatient is like as I have no patience for waiting for new RC parts either.
Unfortunately when one needs to rely on another company......stuff happens that is out on ones control. Nothing like relying on someone else to help make you look like an ass. Rest assured they are coming.
Yes, I agree. I'm feeling better now that you are responding more rationally than NATE. I agree that ''stuff happens'' but I'm still upset about taking peoples money as I didn't see it as necessary until the units were ready to ship but I am feeling better with your calm, rational responses. I hope you and BRC come through like you said.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:20 AM
tonystott

??? You didn't quote anything Nate said...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
BKNate

I heard those (bigrcparts) guys will be offering different gear ratios for guys who do off-road and the one who do on-road.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 AM
BKNate

I've been reading this thread threw out, and Tonystott you seem to have a big problem with this guy bknate. Why don't you leave things how they are and move on. Stop trying to start things up and just enjoy the fact that we have a company thats putting sweat and tears to make sure that we have a working 2 speed.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:51 AM
roccos_van

ORIGINAL: circa5angles

Did you send out money for this?
I''m not seeing anything wrong with what ''NATE'' wrote here.
Yes he said it would be here. But how many other companies have said this in the past? And yet not a whisper from anyone?

Yes, I agree. I'm feeling better now that you are responding more rationally than NATE. I agree that ''stuff happens'' but I'm still upset about taking peoples money as I didn't see it as necessary until the units were ready to ship but I am feeling better with your calm, rational responses. I hope you and BRC come through like you said.
No, I didn't send any money - and I want everyone to understand that I really have no problem whatsoever with companies coming on the forum and 'talking up' an upcoming, unreleased product...really, it happens ALL THE TIME.

The only thing that got my back up was the taking of payments (A few weeks ago now) saying that the part was ready when it was not. I'm not going to back off this point until the parts ship, when they do, I will be THRILLED to admit I was wrong.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

mr 5th scale if u go the website of bigrcparts.com and try to order the 2speed u can choose what gear combo u want?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
tonystott

Welcome to the forum mr.fifthscale. You have achieved a lot since you joined yesterday.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:30 PM
BKNate

I love that I can have a chose of ordering my own gear ratio, rather than have a company tell me what they want me to have as a second gear ratio.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:32 PM
logon69

Almost got another tank through her today. Too damn cold though! I know I am a girl.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Almost got another tank through her today. Too damn cold though! I know I am a girl.

Where are you running these days man? I think I need to come check out this 2spd in action!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:06 PM
logon69

You have to cross a bridge or two brother! I live in S.I.but am regurally at Floyd Bennett Field on Sundays.

ORIGINAL: Chriscru

Where are you running these days man? I think I need to come check out this 2spd in action!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.