Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

single or 2 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:06 PM
rezac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single or 2 speed?

I am debating on modifying my 2 speed to fit with the new 4x4 kit. What gearing comes stock on the single speed? I can't decide if I want single or 2 speed. I put the 28.5 ESP Championship ported head kit in it so I think even with a single speed it will be more then good enough. I think this truck will be really unstable at high speeds (2 speed). What are peoples opinions?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:16 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: single or 2 speed?

im guessing this is for fg?i think with that engine a 2speed will be nice and also your gearing should be set too.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:32 PM
rezac

Sorry, it is indeed for an FG MT. I don't know how much work is involved in making the 2 speed work. I will have to look at it again.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:18 AM
mooman007uk

pwaicon has already done the mod, have a search thru past threads there's one on the mods you need to do to get it to work
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
rezac

Awesome. I knew people have done it, just wasn't finding much info about it.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
rezac

Good deal, I got in contact with him. I have so many questions all the time. Waiting on a few parts yet and I will have to shave down the layshaft a bit but then I am good to go after that. I am going to run a lipo battery with this... http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMVR6010. I will be using two ko propo steering servos, 350ish oz/in each, not sure which throttle, brake ones yet. I really want the 4pk but we will see what happens with that. I am not sure I will have that much money right now, front and rear bias control would be nice though. ESP 28.5 kit, 4wd obviously. So many more mods can be done yet it is ridiculous. I have a lot more then listed but not as many as I want.. Story of my life lol..
Old 03-25-2010, 11:09 PM
pwaicon

I am looking forward to seeing the end result of all your work. Below is a picture of the servo saver I was talking to you about, I like it much better than the one that uses the o-rings.[link]http://www.fgsupply.com/FG_Part_10000_69000-Alloy_servo_saver_new_compl_1pce.html[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37938.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1405004  
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 PM
rezac

That is very nice. I just bought the o-ring style one. I will give it a try. Tomorrow I pick up a bunch of parts from the hobby shop. I am excited to see the end result also. I ordered the 4PK also. I will have that next week though. I will have to run it with the DX3S for now until next weekend.

Edit: Now that I look at it closer, it looks like the one that came with my 4x4 kit. I have the lower aluminum piece already. I am not sure if it is the same as the one I have or not though.