Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Engine temps?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine temps?

I'm used to nitro and monitoring the temps to stay at around 190-200 idle and 250-260 under load. But I'm a newb when it comes to these gas engines. My nutech MMT has been cutting out mid tank a few times and when I inspect it i noticed tons of bubbles in the fuel line and It takes a while to start but when I checked the temps the second it cut off I was reading 269F on the fins. Is 269 too high? This is on Grass (which I know causes a lot of stress) climbing hills for 5-10 second full throttle bursts and 5 second 1/2 throttle. I checked the spark plug after 2 full throttle passes and its color is tarnished/brown color but near the ignition/spark spot its got a dry black residue, none of the white stuff that indicates too lean (is this right?). When I let the engine idle from a 270F temp reading it drops to 230-220F within 10-15 seconds. It never gets above 250 on asphalt full throttle for 20 seeconds.

I have a theory on the half/below half tank engine cutting off issue... When I approach the car immediately I noticed lots of bubbles in the fuel line and I notice the cap for the tank is fizzing/releasing gas/bubbles. Would it be possible that pressure build up in the tank would cause air to be forced into the fuel line during take off/landing/bumps?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:56 AM
dealwithit
My Feedback: (55)

Default RE: Engine temps?

hmmmm i have a new FS buggy thats doing a very similar thing, running wise. it seams like its leaning out, so i richen the low end abit and it starts going better. then after a couple mins at that it starts running to rich so i lean back out abit and it starts running good again. i wonder if the tank isn't venting properly on yours, causing a vacum in the tank (if its running the tank cant really pressurize because its always sucking out fuel)
Old 04-08-2010, 06:55 AM
clubin

Default RE: Engine temps?

Make sure the clunk fuel line is long enough- it might have gotten pulled on and the clunk might not be sitting on the bottom of the tank. , and maybe add a Zenaoh clunk.

Temp is not a way to tune these 2 strokes. Tune by sound, and plug color.