Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

not turnning

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 AM
martieman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not turnning

hi i have just bought a petrol rc car every thing works and start apart from when its travelling the car will turn one way but when i ask it to turn the other way it wont its as though as soon as it gets a little resistance its not powerful enough there are 6d new batts for the servos so its not that what else could it be any ideas,thanks
Old 08-22-2010, 07:14 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: not turnning

maybe it's a bad servo. or maybe your servo saver is to lose, check your manual for proper tightness. is anything binding in the steering system
Old 08-22-2010, 09:29 AM
martieman

hi thanks for finding time to help the manual states nothing about any servos and even thought ive had a rc for 12 years am thick whats a servo saver?nothing gone wrong for me before there are 2 large boxes there both operate left and right i can see everthing under them which lead to wheel arms ect all looks well not opened the boxes yet shall i ?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A servo saver is a device for taking up the impacts the wheels are exposed for when it hit a rock or similar solid objects. It is normally mounted between the steering arms and the servo.

In front of the rods on the spring the steering arms are attached, and on the rear the rods from the servo are attached. The spring lets the servosaver twist itself and thereby saving the servo for the impacts.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
lightning73

ORIGINAL: martieman

hi i have just bought a petrol rc car every thing works and start apart from when its travelling the car will turn one way but when i ask it to turn the other way it wont its as though as soon as it gets a little resistance its not powerful enough there are 6d new batts for the servos so its not that what else could it be any ideas,thanks
Check the trim setting on your radio, if its set too far in one direction you will only be able to turn inthe oppositedirection its set at. Make sure your steering trim isset to the center positionon your radio and see if that was the problem.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
martieman

hi tried that still the same thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 PM
TIGER76

Could be the end points need adjusting on your radio if it has them or the servo arms took a knock and the servo needs recentreing ie take off arm set tx and put servo saver back on dead centre.

If thats no good then its got to be a duff servo but why it would turn one way and not other? check servo gears inside for stripped teeth

ps thats this mean m8
6d new batts
post up what car and radio your using too to see if we can work out whats up with it
Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Plague

Disconnext the linkage from the servo horn to the steering....

Can the servo without load travel equal distance to each side ????
If yes then the problem is somewhere i the steering..... something must be binding.....
Old 08-26-2010, 04:03 PM
martieman

hi allwho took the trouble to trie and help me.........thanks......... the guy i bought it off has sorted it ,below my 2 servo boxes are 2 discs which lead to the 2 balls which then lead the the arms ,well it was these 2 balls that have worn away by some metel that attached to them .some thing so simple,i would of never of guessed or of known.i did say i was thick lol...THANKSall again.marton in leeds westyorkshire.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:36 PM
TIGER76

Good to hear its sorted martie
btw which petrol car is it m8?