RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Such a good price for an MCD Race Runner! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/8244343-such-good-price-mcd-race-runner.html)

SAVAGEJIM 12-23-2008 08:00 PM

RE: Such a good price for an MCD Race Runner!

LOL, post some pics of your new ride! And most of ll, let us know everything you find out about it as you run it

BJ888KW 12-23-2008 08:17 PM

I would post pics but I can't find the dang charge cord for my camera. I haven't done anything to it yet as I just had my knee scoped 2 weeks ago. Lugging the monster up the stairs was enough. Planning on using the HPI SFL-10 MG servos for my steering and throttle. Spektrum DX3R radio for controls (waiting for this to come back from Horizon anyways). Will have a Samba pipe for it by next week. Any suggestions?

looker2756 12-23-2008 08:18 PM

Might look into steel gears for the trans. & a couple optional gear ratios. I would also look into Hitec 5745 servos rather than the HPI's. They will be cheaper & true metal gear servos. Can't wait to see pics. & action vids.. Your going to have a blast with it.

hellya 12-23-2008 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: looker2756

Hellya: Your the world searcher of bargins, what do you mean. You found an incorrectly priced item, or a Super special deal. Then come here to exploit it, which is against the rules, the way they were explained to me.

Get your facts straight I didnt start this thread showing a great deal on MCD......someone else did;)

If I was being under cut by $300 by a dealer in the UK...I would have Emailed them too asking W T F:D:)

looker2756 12-23-2008 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: hellya

ORIGINAL: looker2756

Hellya: Your the world searcher of bargins, what do you mean. You found an incorrectly priced item, or a Super special deal. Then come here to exploit it, which is against the rules, the way they were explained to me.

Get your facts straight I didnt start this thread showing a great deal on MCD......someone else did;)

If I was being under cut by $300 by a dealer in the UK...I would have Emailed them too asking W T F:D:)
I edited to correct the statement. You have many posts with links just the same. I know you did not start this one. The only problem here was the price they posted. I'll leave being the world R/C police to you. It's definitely not my job to run anyone elses business. If they want to go out of business by not keeping any profit at all or losing money, Thats their decision. It's a pretty popular trend for people who don't conduct business correctly these days. I'm not trashing this thread with any more our points of view.

The facts are at least someone from here got one awesome deal on an MCD. They are going to have a blast with it & know what the MCD quality difference is all about. Awesome deal. I would assume there were others who bought as well. I give the company a pat on the back for standing behind the pricing on both ends !!

hellya 12-23-2008 09:58 PM

I try to promote alot of different 1/5 vehicles...I just look for the lower prices ...deals to save people $$$....I also try to point out weak spots in the vehicles..sometimes the weak spot is the price;)

Atleast the MCD aren't over inflated anymore like a year ago $1500 for a rolling chassis...now only $1250 with a engine

looker2756 12-23-2008 10:11 PM

Dude, I agree 100%. The newer models are definitely a great addition. The drop in cost is always a welcomed consumer thing. Gotta remember I'm one of those too ! Just as you are.

dpworth 12-24-2008 09:17 AM

and keep on watching MCD for the latest versions in 2009. I think most of you will be pleased with the improvements made by MCD and the King Cobra team