Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Madien Flight - Radian

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Madien Flight - Radian

Ok,

This weekend was the madien flight of my new Radian. Friday light winds, and just getting a feel for everything. Mostly flying up and then gliding around. On my last flight Idid find a thermal and drifted around a bit. Saturday was a bit more breezy and as soon as Ilaunched , I saw a hawk and buzzard (I assume) in a circular pattern so Igot right over and join them. Very cool, we all circled and gained elevation for a good 5 min before it drifted away. Got much more familiar with the plane and actually did a few loops. Not really knowing how much battery Ihad Iwas running 30-40 min and then switching out batteries. Just as I was about to pack it in, Iflew right into a great thermal. I was so cool, Istarted circling and then the birds flew over to join in. Again, we had this great pattern (I actually thoughtI might have brushed one's tail feathers...but pretty sure Ididn't) we drifted in thatt hermal for quite a while until Ibrought it back down. (iactually got a bit worried cause Iwas having problems seeing the plane, I'm curious what elevation Igot up to)

Wow what a day. I was a little worried about the radian being a 3 channel plane, but had a blast. Only bad thing was the wings took a few dings on landing. I found a new subdivision that has been cleared and roads cut, but no construction(I think they ran out od mooney or are sitting on til market shifts). It was originally a large open field/farm. So the area was wide open, but there were small weeds, twigs, etc and a smooth as my landings were, I still caught a few twigs. Go home and put a strip of packing tape along the leading edge of the wings and hope that will protect it a bit.

Anyway, thanks to all that provided input in my preevious post. This seems like it will be great fun!

Mike
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 361 Likes on 290 Posts
Default RE: Madien Flight - Radian

Good feeling eh?

Flying a Radian is like fishing. Nice and relaxing.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good day out. The packing tape wil help against some of those snags and dings.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:48 AM
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZDog. Great. Do you have the Reg Radian or the Pro? I have a NIB Pro that I want to get out and try. Been a long time since I done the Glide/Sail thing. Hope I can remember how to set it up. Enjoy. Hooker53
Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 PM

I have the old one and just got the Pro can anyone help me with the set up please? I have all the Y's and I am running a DX7 radio so she has a AR6200 in her. PLEASE NEED HELP THE BOOK SAYS NOTHING??? Thanks
Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 PM
My Feedback: (106)

UNless your pro was bought second hand, mine came set-up and ready to go. What are you having Probs with?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 361 Likes on 290 Posts

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

I have the old one and just got the Pro can anyone help me with the set up please? I have all the Y's and I am running a DX7 radio so she has a AR6200 in her. PLEASE NEED HELP THE BOOK SAYS NOTHING??? Thanks
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1326

and

http://www.bladehelis.com/prodinfo/F..._DX7_setup.pdf