Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Super Dimona 2400 RC Model Glider?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Super Dimona 2400 RC Model Glider?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 PM
omnidynmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Dimona 2400 RC Model Glider?

Has anyone tried a Super Dimona 2400 RC Model Glider ?

It looks pretty fascinating and robust. Would you recommend?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 PM
JayBFlyer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Super Dimona 2400 RC Model Glider?

Flies well. Few issues. If you land hard the main gear rips backward through the fuselage. While flying, a little too much elevator will cause a sudden pitch up of the nose. Suggest you add in some expo on elevator. Penetrates well. Wheels too small for my grass field. I went to 2" Dubro.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 AM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Hi,
Seen them fly and looked Ok. So, I bought one years past after waiting nearly a year on HL perpetual back order. Planned on converting to tail dragger by mounting main gear farther forward. I was working on lighting the tail when selling the home became the top priority. Would love to add spoilers to her, yet the weight is already high along with it's wing loading. Still back in box for almost 4 years and hope to get her airborne.

I think there is, or at least was, a second distributor of this ship here in the US other than HL.

There are a few builds n mods over on another group.

Jared
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM
roknHS

The geometry of the nose gear is such that on take off or landing, if you hit a gopher turd the nose gear will swap around 180 degrees........servo linkage won't hold it straight. You have to put a dedicated servo on the nose gear with a "Y" to the rudder servo.
My main gear mount also busted loose..........you gotta reinforce that before you do anything.