Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

HELP! What is this model?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 05:12 AM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP! What is this model?

Okay, here is a head scratcher for all you old timers out there. Back in the 70's there was a kit by Astroflight that always held my interest but I was too broke to afford one.

It was a twin pusher design, motors were embedded in the wing with the spinners up against the trailing edge of the wing. It almost looked similar to a Marks Models Bushwacker in planform but again, with pusher motors. It would almost have been considered an early version of a hotliner sailplane.

Does this ring a bell with anybody out there? Do you remember the kit name? I contacted Astroflight but they said when the company was sold in 2010 their archives were not transferred so they couldn't help me.

If you can point me to one of the kits or a set of plans, that would be icing on the cake.

Thanks in advance for any help

Don
Old 10-05-2016, 08:07 AM
RFJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don,

Sounds like the Astroflight ELECTRO 225 from 1974

Ray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	astro.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	2184615  

Last edited by RFJ; 10-07-2016 at 02:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:31 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Astro

Thanks Ray! That is exactly what it is.

With the help of the internet and some Texas modelers, I have obtained a set of plans, a construction article and, wait for it, .... an ORIGINAL ELECTRA FIBERGLASS FUSELAGE!

I am waiting on the last of my supplies to arrive and then I will start building one of my dream planes after a 40 year wait!

Don

Originally Posted by RFJ

Don,

Sounds like the Astroflight ELECTRO 225 from 1974

Ray