Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

I can't see it

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 09:15 PM
tomgreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't see it

I went out to do some glider time, temp was about 100, and the wind was blowing about 10-15 mph.Nice puffy white clouds in the sky over a blue back ground.
Up it goes, climbed out fast, leveled it off, and got caught in some good life. That's when I started having trouble seeing the glider with the back drop of these clouds. So I powered down lower, and flew there for a time.
My question to anyone, do you wear colored sunglasses to help looking in the sky,watching your plane.
Tom / Az
Old 09-16-2019, 10:03 AM
GlenIronPa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get some water based/soap and water clean up black spray paint, matt/flat or satin finish. I have some Krylon H2o flat black that I put on the underside of the wing on my Radian. You can tape off some large stripes or do the whole wing depending on the wing size and have no problem seeing it from any distance. Just make sure it's water based as it won't eat the foam or plastic.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:44 PM
glideher

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i like putting on my sunglasses yes, they have yellow tint, easy to see our plane and blocks the UV.