Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Gold Medal award program updates

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Gold Medal award program updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 08:47 AM
scalesoar
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gold Medal award program updates

I have some exciting news regarding the Scalesoaring.com gold medal Program. As many of you know I have been sponoring this type of Gold medal program at aerotow events of and on for the last 4 years. It is not new. I originally teamed with a German distributor to give pilots a fun way of flying for a prize. After a brief hiatus, I have brought this back as an all American program to be run at participating scale events. The response has been excellent, and I am pleased to announce that we will offer this program at now fewer than 11 scale events from coast to coast.
The purpose of this program is to promote attendence at scale events and offer a fun low key competition for any pilot wishing to participate.

I am particularly pleased to announce that we will be offering this program at the NATS Cross Country scale Aerotow event. I am working with the LSF to help them in their efforts to promote scale soaring. As in any other event hosting this program, the participation in the NATs event will be up to the pilot. It will run seemlessly within the normal distance task for the Aerotow XC event. We will require on field landings to qualify. The LSF is promoting the scale XC event as a fun low key event. It will be run alongside their traditional FAI XC event using winches.

For more info: http://www.silentflight.org/

Consider coming out and having fun at any of the events hosting the Gold Medal program. Some are: Los Banos CA, Octowberfest MO, Fayetteville NC, Triple Tree SC, Oakville ON, Ottawa ON, and more. See the Scalesoaring calender for all the listed events.

http://www.scalesoaring.net/EVENTS.HTM