Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Mini Ellipse CG, Throws, etc?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Mini Ellipse CG, Throws, etc?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 08:31 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Ellipse CG, Throws, etc?

Its going to BLOW like CRAZY this weekend so I've decided to dust off some of my heavy slopers. I've repaired my Mini Ellipse (again!) and its ready to go.

I've switched radios since I last flew this one and I don't have its settings anymore. Does anyone have their spec sheet handy? I need to know the recommended CG and max thows.

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Gary Retterbush

Right from the horse's mouth: http://www2.profi.sk/jaro_muller/de/miniellipse.html
Old 09-16-2002, 09:28 AM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Thanks for thje info. Almost immediatelyafter I posted this I remembered that I had email messages archived from the fellow that sold me the plane... dug them up and voila! instructions.

I flew it yesterday. 40 MPH winds gusting to 60 MPH. Breah out he ballast The elevator was a bit sensitive, as I set it up with the CG at the aft (3") point. I didn't set up the spoilers with enough throw, so I ended up breaking the vtail mounting plate loose on the first landing.

That little plane can certainly howl when it gets moving!