Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Simple slope soarer

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:47 PM
electricpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple slope soarer

I am looking for a simple to build Vintage(possibly)slope soarer that is not too hard to fly with either 2 or 3 functios. Any ideas with a picture or sketch and availability of plans.

Pete
Old 05-20-2005, 04:55 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Simple slope soarer

The Talon is a great first slope ship, it's aileron and elevator so it performs well, you can get it very cheap through Tower Hobbies.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:26 AM
electricpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seems a great model unfortuneatly I live in UK and the cost of postage is greater than the very modest price of the model, and prbly more important it says I might have to wait 30 days for delivery
Old 05-21-2005, 01:56 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete,
If you want vintage and your side of the pond, try the Ripmax Coyote (glider edition, not the EP). It's an a copy of the old Hobby Shack Ridge Runt, which I learned to slope on many many moons ago (along with a few thousand others) It's a good flyer and a lot of fun.
Over here (in the USA) the Coyote is sold as an ARF, but I THINK that it's sold as a kit (and an ARF) in the UK. Check the Ripmax web page.
The drawback to the Coyote is that it's a balsa ship, and thus not as tough as a foamie. However, I've been flying mine for a couple of years and the only things I've had to do is reinforce the tail and replace the cheesy plastic nose cone with a wood one. If you want the toughness of s foamie, I'd reccommend a Google search for UK foamie makers. Good luck.

papermache