Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Memory help

Old 06-14-2005, 04:55 PM
rahtware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory help

I'm trying to remember the name of a slope combat plane that I flew 20 years ago. It had a poly fuselage that was all but indestructible, white foam stabs, elevator and wing (don't remember if it had a rudder). The stabs fit into notches in the tail and were just taped in place (quick change). The wing (around 48" span) had a semi-symmetrical cross-section, ailerons and no dihedral. Mine had a yellow fuse and my friend's was orange. These were tough birds as they survived a number of in flight mishaps (we tried to knock each other out of the air). Mine even survived T-boning the hill where it stuck, nose buried about 4" into the dirt. I gave it away when I left the coast, but am wondering what it was and if they are still being made.

Thanks

Larry
Old 06-15-2005, 01:41 PM
e-sailpilot86

Default RE: Memory help

Pink Floyd?

http://www.steelheadproducts.com
Old 06-15-2005, 02:05 PM
slopemeno
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Memory help

Super Cheeta. Tough plane and fairly fast for its time. Look on Ebay, or RCGroups for sale section. I almost bought one a few years ago for $75 bucks, NIB, so they are around.