Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

New glider

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Will B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New glider

Hi,
I'm relativeley new, I've flown gliders quite a bit, but I fancy getting hold of a good glider for thermal soaring via a winch or bungee launch, maybe if I get good enough some competitions. I have looked at www.nesail.com and these look like some great gliders.......

Are there any other sites I can look at for a good quality "competition style sailplane"? I have anew 9Z and just fancy having a sailplane that I can use some of the nice wing servo options and have some fun and maybe take seriously if I want to.

Best Regards,
Will
Old 11-21-2002, 08:55 AM
Will B

Default New glider

bump
Old 11-21-2002, 01:59 PM
Soar Head
My Feedback: (5)

Default New glider

If you are looking for a 6-servo plane, I would suggest the Whyte Wings Sapphire. Cost effective vs. other planes out there. Perfectly set up and launches vertical right out of the box. No bad habbits.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:44 PM
AcintSpec

Default New glider

Will:

Grundles of sites out there that have all types of planes. Some examples; chicagosky1.com; areo-model.com; http://pages.infinit.net/icarerc/icare.htm; arthobby and many, many others. Sometimes a yahoo, or google or whoever search on R/C Sailplanes or other variations will yield many more internet stores to look at.

Gene
Old 11-21-2002, 03:50 PM
HHRND

Default New glider

Will,

Check out f3x.com . In Tom's consignment section there is a Hera LT which is an all moulded ship and flies great. It weighs in the mid 60 ounce range and is very competitive. I flew in the nats this year with mine, even won a round in my flight group with it. It sells for $650, if that is in your price range.

John
Old 11-22-2002, 01:42 PM
Will B

Default New glider

Thx for the info guys