Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Spirit 100

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spirit 100

I'm just about to start building a Spirit 100. Anyone built it before and care to pass on any tips/advice? Ta.
Old 01-22-2002, 02:28 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Sprit 100

Build it light,strong & straight. Follow the instructions & don't try anything diferent at this stage you can do that later. I have taught several pepole to fly with the sprit 3 meter & it does the job real good. The 100 should be a better thermal ship.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:07 PM

Default Thank you.

Thank you. The instructions do look really clear, and easy enough to follow. It has the option to go for RES or Ailerons and flaps. I am learning on an Irvine Early Bird (ARF 72" Electric glider, Rudder + Elevator), and am hoping to go the Aileron route. Seems a shame not to build the kit without it really. Although my Tx is a simple 4ch jobby with no mixing, so I wont be able to try the CROW until I invest in more kit.

Any thoughts on Ailerons vs RES?
Old 01-23-2002, 01:57 AM

Default sprit100

If you are going into the modern day sailplanes by all means go aerions & flaps if it is on the plans.. I am old stubborn & fly in Wyoming by myself. Big floaters with 2 channels are my thing nothing else to give me a bad time.. I fly Paragons & the greatest floater I have ever had it is called a TYRO. You can get the short kit out of Florida & boy does it thermal & outfly all the rest. No need to have flasps or spoliers I have maybe 100 acres to land in of short grass.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:08 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Default Spirit 100

If you have a fax machine, I will fax you some good mods/information on them. I have had one for years and love it. I can also email you a pic of mine and you can see some of the mods. The images I have are too large to post here.

John Wells
Old 02-04-2002, 08:53 PM

Default Ta!

Thanks for the offer but I dont have a fax.

Construction is going well, the main wings are now ready for installing the servoes, Ailerons and flaps. I tried putting the wings together last night for the first time and 100" wingspan looked HUGE in our lounge! Will keep you posted as I get onto the fuse and then cover it.

For ease of building this kit gets my recommendation.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:41 AM

Default The TYRO Sounds Interesting.

Could you give us some more info on it.............and how to buy the short kit.

thanks
Old 02-05-2002, 01:26 AM

Default TYRO

Designed by Oliver Wilson . He will sell you plans & a short kit{lazer cut ribs} all else is standard stock balsa. He goes under the name of OLLIE on tha glider sailplane section. E-mail him he will tell you all about it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2300_2444.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1635