Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Multiplex Easy Star

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:01 PM
tjc45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Easy Star

I'm a beginner looking to start with an electric glider or foamie. An opinions on the Multiplex Easy Star? Any other planes i should consider?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 04:47 AM
daveosoar

Default RE: Multiplex Easy Star

A message from Ole England!
The MPlex Easy Star is a twin electric foamy over here. OK but....
The same Co. also do the Easy Glider which is very popular over here both as an ab initio unit and a fun and easy car carried plane (even in a Euro-size auto) Available either as electric or pure glider and cheap..! If you get the El buy some spare props at the same time - a pal had to wait 2 weeks for one.
I put the Gl version together for a local lad - took less than 2 hours!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Hans Dahl Christensen

Hello .

MPX have a range of foamies - with and without engine ( elctric or combustion ) and they are all fine for their purpose. And pick the one whith the most wingspan.

There is an " Easy Glider " with one electrical motor - and it is to be recommended for beginners and the first few month thereafter.

With luck you can sell / trade in your easystar at a later date when you want something else.

BUT : Do not fix things your own way in your first model - Do as mentioned in the instructions - and above all : Go to the local aeromodelling club - get a membership - and a membership in the countries national club which as a rule has an insurance scheme !!

The local club is bound to have somme nice guys who act as instructors - look at what is going on and ask a fellow who looks responsible to be your instructor - and also your guardian angel in this wonderful hobby and sport .

Welcome in our world.

Kind regards,

hld - OY-9901.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:15 PM
cottbott

TJC,

I have an Easy Star, and it is a great trainer. Very forgiving, but still fun to fly, and almost indestructable.

I live in Burlington, so if you want to see it in action, I will let you know next time I take it for a spin.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a little clarification here as there is some confusion in some of these answers. Mutiplex make a twin foamie called the Twin Star. Not quite a first model in my opinion but a good second model. They also make the model you enquired about, the Easy Star which is a truly first class trainer. Finally, they make an Easy Glider and an Easy Glider electric. Again, both are excellent second models.
So start with the Easy Star and you will not go far wrong.
Regards,

John
Old 04-22-2006, 07:26 PM
SICKSAND

I had an easy star and thought it flew nice as long as there wasn't any wind.For me it seemed very hard to turn in the air.I don't know if the rudder was restricted from the foam or what.Who knows it could of just been an opperator error,but it seem to be diffucult all the time...
Old 04-23-2006, 04:24 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Sicksand,
That's strange. Mine flew well on ruddere elevator and could be rolled with ease. It is not designed to fly in strong winds as it is a trainer, but windy or not, yours should still turn ok. Are you getting the required deflection and is the CG correct?
Regards,

John
Old 04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
ozikeith

No mate, I don't think the problem was caused by operator error. It is a design problem with the Easystar. In short, the rudder is too
small, especially if a bit windy. Follow the link for Easystar Rudder Modifications.
http://www.detract-online.de/www.mpx...mid=19&lang=en
Cheers,
Keith
Old 05-08-2006, 11:13 AM
alidoro

Hello you all!

I am also new to rc-flying. I have the Easy Star and I have been fighting to get longer flights. I changed the original batterie for a 7 cell 2500mah, but still I am suffering from flightime from 3-5 minutes, flying with full gas. I wonder if that is normal. How long can you guys fly?

P.S. I can get the motor to run for an hour, but rpm is to low to fly after 3-5 min.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:29 PM
sawdust
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want your Easy Star to fly for a long time do the following:

Put on a 6 x 3 prop. Then get your self some lipo batteries. I fly mine with 2p2c 2000 mah packs. So you get 7.4 volts and 4000 MAH. The 7.4 volts will not hurt the stock speed 400. I love to fly it like a sailplane and get long flight times. Give it a hard throw when you launch it. Make sure you don't run the batteries below 5.0 volts. Better if you don't run them that low.

Because of the extra thrust you get with the 6 x 3 prop I applied some epoxy to the area around the motor mount to make the area stronger.

Now the LIPOs are expensive batteries for this cheap plane. But I use them in some of my other planes.

You should consider making the rudder more responsive by adding a little balsa wood extension.

The Easy Star is a nice plane for the money.

bob