Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Art Hobby Bobolink 1M DLG

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 03:31 AM
amikeDLG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art Hobby Bobolink 1M DLG

I have been building this glider for about two weeks. I am ready to choose the servos and reciever for this model... I am thinking about cirrus 10's in the wing and hs-55's in the fuse.......I have the ailerons ready to install and the tail surfaces mounted.....just taking my time trying to build it light......

heres the link...
http://web.infoave.net/~mcanders
Old 02-12-2003, 07:59 AM
CactusJackSlade

Default Servos

aMikeDLG,

I had heard conflicting reports that the Cirrus servos had a hard time centering properly... of course I read this AFTER I ordered them.... so I decided to try them in my AH Boar anyway since I heard very different stories.

Well, so far so good, no problems at all... of course I have less than 2 hours on these servos at the moment.

I think your choice is fine... cirrus 10's in the wing and hs-55's in the fuse... it's what I have in my Boar...

Let us all know how you like it whan you are done!
Old 02-13-2003, 04:39 AM
amikeDLG

Default Tight Spaces

I got the hs-55's installed today..it was tricky but I got it done.... Got a weight without the servos, batt, and reciever....6.6oz...not too bad...Im figuring around 8-8.5 ounces AUW. should be interesting...
Old 02-14-2003, 01:43 AM
amikeDLG

Default DLG troubles

I had the glider out at the field today....I gave a couple of light tosses into the wind...trim okay...CG okay...glides nice and smooth..finally get the nerve to try a discus launch....I practiced a couple of launches...checked trims again, control direction, etc...grabbed the tip, and gave it a spin and a toss... It went up, like stink...but at the top, im guessing it stalled, it flopped down and dove right into the ground......only noticed that the canopy came off, and the epoxy that held the servos in came apart from the fiberglass floor... I may try to use a silicone type sealer like the instructions say to use......It was great while it lasted....back to the building board.
Old 02-14-2003, 05:16 PM
fprintf

Great, so if your first DLG launch was a typical beginner launch your plane just nosed in from 40 feet and hardly got broken. I'd say that was a pretty good sign!
Old 02-15-2003, 01:59 AM
amikeDLG

I got the servos mounted back in the fuse now...this time i used epoxy mixed with a little baking soda..i coated the whole inside of the fuse with a layer of this mix..seems to be stiffer than before. it didnt add much weight. I made sure to add more in the front to counter the tail section's weight...I wonder if i could cut the boom off and shorten it about a half inch or maybe even a whole inch. Do you guys think that'll help? heres the link to the building pics...

http://web.infoave.net/~mcanders
Old 09-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Kastelm

Default RE: Art Hobby Bobolink 1M DLG

I'm replying to this quite late but I could use some help with my Bobolink.

I did cut down my boom 10mm to help balance the plane. The plane was longer than the plan before I cut down the boom. Now the flying weight is just under 300 grams (10.5 oz). Is this too heavy?

When I launch the plane it always hooks left and rolls on its side. I have to jump on the ailerons and elevator to regain control. I never have a very high launch. Any ideas whats going wrong?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:06 PM
FlyingPig-inactive

ORIGINAL: vol

I'm replying to this quite late but I could use some help with my Bobolink.

I did cut down my boom 10mm to help balance the plane. The plane was longer than the plan before I cut down the boom. Now the flying weight is just under 300 grams (10.5 oz). Is this too heavy?

When I launch the plane it always hooks left and rolls on its side. I have to jump on the ailerons and elevator to regain control. I never have a very high launch. Any ideas whats going wrong?
Try giving it a right rudder during launch and release it back about a second after it left your hand. I hold the Tx on my left hand so I had my thumb pushing the rudder stick while I spin. Also make sure that the outer wing tip (right side if you spin counter clockwise) doesn't get higher than the left while you spin. Moving the peg closer to TE will help reducing that problem.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:06 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like there is quite a bit of building involved. As I read the Art Hobby site I though this was an ARF. Didn't realize it was a kit.

Do you have to build the wings?