Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

(BRIDI) Soar Birdy Plan wanted

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

(BRIDI) Soar Birdy Plan wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:39 AM
camdyson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (BRIDI) Soar Birdy Plan wanted

Picked up a kit at auction recently (sentimental - my first R/C plane was a Soar Birdy in 1980) but the plan was missing. Rest all there. If anyone has an old plan lying around, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Cheers,

Cam

For those of you who don't know, it was a 78"(?) 2 channel polyhedral glider, all balsa built up. Sadly the spar was, from memory, square balsa too......Still, can always make a few subtle mods[8D] No silly plastic canopy like alot of other similar kits - at least Bridi knew the difference between sport and scale!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Doug-716

Default RE: (BRIDI) Soar Birdy Plan wanted

Are you still looking for plans? I built a Soar Birdy in the 80's and think I still have the plans around.

Doug
Old 02-24-2008, 05:58 PM
buzz waltz
My Feedback: (74)

I am kitting the soar birdy and big birdy airplanes. I have all rights to these planes and plans.
Buzz Waltz R/C Mfg.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:11 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so if somebody decides to GIVE candyson a plan, are you going to sue him? and for what?

papermache
Old 04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
khatrubuck

A few days ago I pulled a Soar Birdy kit out of storage that has been there for many years. I intend to build it soon. The plans are intact. If you know a way I could copy them for you, (legally, I dont know if they are copyrighted or not) I would be happy to send them. Robert
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM
digs142

looking for a picture of a soar birdy - and if it's the kit I have - then to get plans.

My dad semi-built this 20+ years ago.  Wings need rebuilding and all the covering etc. has to be done.

Let me know if you can help with a pic or something.

Digs
Old 04-27-2011, 07:47 AM
kw5368
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.buzzwaltz.com/rc-kits/

You can probably get anything you need here if you contact Buzz.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:21 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: camdyson

Picked up a kit at auction recently (sentimental - my first R/C plane was a Soar Birdy in 1980) but the plan was missing. Rest all there. If anyone has an old plan lying around, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Cheers,

Cam

For those of you who don't know, it was a 78''(?) 2 channel polyhedral glider, all balsa built up. Sadly the spar was, from memory, square balsa too......Still, can always make a few subtle mods[8D] No silly plastic canopy like alot of other similar kits - at least Bridi knew the difference between sport and scale!
The Soar Birdy was my first plane as well, and I also got it in 1980 and started teaching myself to fly it from the hills of SoCal. It flew great and was an easy build for a beginner with a little help from the old man (funny i'm 8 years older than he was then.)[:@]
Old 10-28-2013, 11:47 AM
stegl

I need the wing profile with the C of G on the soar Birdy as I am building ( upscale to about 2.25 meters) the wing from an old replacement wing kit and I could really use a profile of the wing with C of G. Thanks in advance on this. Just nothing out there on this one.