Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

NSP Omega 3M - help - problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

NSP Omega 3M - help - problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:32 PM
SoarinJohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NSP Omega 3M - help - problem

Does anyone out there own an NSP Omega 3M? If so did your glider come with servo covers/fairings? Does anyone have a set of fairings they would sell me? Sal told me there were never any available? huh? I've owned a Omega 3M for over a year and have been unable to get Sal to send me the fairings (servo covers) for the servos. In fact I own the very Omega 3M Sal has on the web site. Sal told me he would send them but I've tried over 50 emails and 20 phone calls to no avail. He promised to get them but has refused numerous times to pull the fairings out of an instock kit and send them to me as promised. "I can't do that". I'm using a film cover for now but I'd really like the ones designed for the glider (inset) as promised... as I expect that would look quite nice on the glider. In one email Sal told me "You got a great deal on that glider, you should just forget about the fairings". I'd like the fairings as I think they would look nice.. but maybe none were every sold with the kit?? He has me confused. Very frustrated with the service at NSP over this.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Scott Lister

I live close to nsp and placed an order for the school I Teach at. The customer service rep told me to send the p.o. to them. I did, and after a week I called to check the status of my order and then they tell me "OH-we do not accept purchase orders" everything must be paid up front. I agree there customer service could be a lot better. Hope you get the fairings.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:36 PM
forrest adams

your story is typical - 50 emails? really?

with sal, you get what you get.

next time order from someone else
Old 03-17-2003, 02:04 AM
Hudley

Default Servo covers

Look at the covers from K&A Models. Don't know if they will work with your application. Service from them is A1. www.kamodels.com.

Steve Hudson
Old 03-17-2003, 01:53 PM
SoarinJohn

Thanks for the input and link to K&A.

Forrest, You are quite right about Sal. At about the 20 email mark I realized I wasn't going to get the parts he promised but I was silly enough to press on month after month with reminders and calls to him in hopes he would have a momentary lapse and do the right thing and send me the parts from a kit on hand in his shop. No such luck. I haven't spent a dime with him since then... and I never will. With the likes of other companies offering similar (or better) products and MUCH better service (and business ethics) I have directed all my business (and new people to the hobby) to them: Icare, Esprit, hobby-lobby, R-Dymond, dream-catcher, aero-model, etc.

I learned my lesson the hard way... the sad thing is I should have
given up earlier but I don't like to be had.

John

P.S. By nature of my business I have all my e-mails (to and from) automatically stored on this matter should anyone want to hear a sad story! Hah... not worth it. Time to move on. Live and learn.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:37 AM
zapper

I too bought one plane from NSP... and one only...never again...the only company with worse service is Dell Computers....
Old 03-24-2003, 04:48 AM
TheoA

Default same here

I bought a kit (victory C) that was new, second hand. I had a few questions about it, but instead of answering them nicely, simply told me "you didn't buy it from me, I can't help you".

I'm glad I didn't end up ordering the moulded condor through them. Perhaps if I had told him in the beginning, he'd have helped. Too bad I didn't feel I needed to bribe him only to ask a silly little question about the aileron hinges on the victory C.

I'll never order anything from there either.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:41 PM
Daniel Gut

Default Servo covers

Hallo Soarinjohn

The Omega 3 is called Giga here in Switzerland and is sold locally by a company called TUN Modellbau. Excellent organisation and nice people, I am sure they would send you a set. There website is www.tun.ch and their email address is there too. English is no problem.

Regards

Daniel
Old 04-03-2003, 10:37 PM
SoarinJohn

You made my week Daniel!!! Thank you very much. I contacted TUN Modellbau and they are going to send me the servo fairings for my glider. The joys of the internet! Very nice people to deal with and what a selection of gliders on their site!

P.S. In one of my follow-up posts I forgot to mention another excellent company to do business with right here in Wisconsin: Isthmus Models. I can't wait until Mark brings the Bubble Dancer kit to market.

Thanks again

John