Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Database setups electro gliders

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Database setups electro gliders

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:25 AM
PH_AJH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Database setups electro gliders

Hi there,
I'm in the process of building a database for power setups of electrogliders.
Goal is to collect as much setups as possible. That way anyone that wants to build/electrify his glider can have a look at the possibilities.
The format is in Excel. The database will be updated regularly and can be downloaded [link=http://members.home.nl/a.harmans/downloads/Electro%20glider%20%20database.xls]HERE[/link].
At the moment there are not that much aircraft listed but if you take a look you will get the idea. You supply the data and the list will grow rapidly
As I am based in Europe (Holland) you may not recognise some models; still, you could compare wingspan and/or AUW if you were looking for a suitable setup for your own aircraft.

If you like the idea would you please give me the details of your setup? Any flyable setup is ok, whether brushed or brushless, cheap or expensive, hi-tech or or old and simple.
You can send your data to PH_AJH(at)hotmail(dot)com using the empty format [link=http://members.home.nl/a.harmans/downloads/Add%20to%20Electro%20glider%20%20database.xls]HERE[/link] or leave them in this topic.
Details needed (fill in as much as possible, unknown items are not really a problem but may reduce useability to others):

aircraft
make
model
wingspan in mm
AUW in grams
Type V/T/W/H V=flying wing, T=thermal endurance, W=warmliner, H=hotliner

motor
make and model brushed motors state indicated voltage etc, not just "Speed 400"
type B/BLO/BLI B=brushed, BLO=brushless outrunner, BLI=brushless inrunner
kV (brushless motors only)
Weight in grams
reduction
Power rating A/B/C A=plenty, vertical climbs possible; B=good. Steep climb possible; C= adequate but certainly not breathtaking.

Other
ESC: make, model, max amp
prop: dimensions (inch), make, type (for example: 12x6 Graupner CAM folding)
Battery: make
battery type and rating (example Lipo : 3s1p 20C. Example NiXX: 10 cells SubC NiMh)
battery capacity (mAh)
Endurance rating A/B/C where A=more then enough.Battery often not depleted after flight, B=Good. Battery will last for flights of 20-30 minutes and C=Adequate, flights of 10-15 minutes without thermal activity.

Thank you for reading.
Cheers,
Arjan
Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM
glover1482

Default RE: Database setups electro gliders

Or... purchase a tool like MotoCalc.

Fly save, Glover
Old 10-23-2007, 03:07 AM
PH_AJH

hi Glover,
Thanks for responding.
Motocalc will only calculate the performance of a known setup. It does not help you finding one. That's why there are no performance numbers in the database; these can be calculated using any tool like Motocalc.
This database was started as a reaction to the ever returning question at modelbouwforum.nl: "I have a .......glider and want to electrify it. Anyone know what setup to use?"
I see this question in these here forums a lot too. The database could help finding a setup by comparing wingspan, AUW or whatever criteria you want.

Cheers,
Arjan
Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 AM
PH_AJH

Added a sheet in Imperial units after receiving a request.
If you want to share your data it is not a problem at all if you use Imperial units. I'll convert them where necessary.
Any comments (and data [8D] ) welcome.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:48 AM
PH_AJH

No contributions at all...?

The list is growing daily, so if you do not want to share that's not really a problem.
Anyway I think the database could be useful - so please be my guest and check it out every once in a while if you are interested.
Latest version always online [link=http://members.home.nl/a.harmans/database_english.htm]here.[/link]

Here's what it looks like.
Cheers,
Arjan

Old 10-28-2008, 10:03 AM
pancake
My Feedback: (2)

can you update the link please , i was not able to open it. thank you