Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Mini-mach from emc vega

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Jeddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini-mach from emc vega

Does anyone have or have info on the mini-mach from emc vega?
I picked one up at Dortmund and would appreciate any info, English instructions, building tips etc..

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:29 PM
wilho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini-mach from emc vega

Hi,

I ordered one normal version with Quadro flaps. Here some ideas to consider, when assemblying it.. Kit has a very minimal setup sheet with no assembly instructions.

I have installed wing horns (Graupner #3668) and pushrods (2mm with metal clevises on another end, other with z-bend) and glued servos with 5min epoxy to upper skin. Before I clued them, I wrapped them into thin shrink-on sleeve. As servos I use 4 pcs Graupner/JR DS281 and 2 pcs C261.

Tail servos I'll attach to the end of the fuselage opening to be able to install some lead weight for higher speed just to the CG. Servo plate is made of airplane-grade plywood, 1.5mm thick. Tail horns I made of 2mm bolts, I bended them carefully and attached ball links there.

I asked some advice from EMC how to attach the bungee launch hook and I got an answer to attach it ca. 50 mm front of the CG. And up to 150mm front of the CG for EXTREM speed.

Battery and receiver are also attached to a 15 mm wide strip of the earlier mentioned plywood. This strip is the slide into fuselage after the battery and receiver are attached to it. The other end of the is screwed to the front of the fuselage opening. As counterpart I glued one nut top the bottom of fuselage. I'll use the same method also to attach lead weight into it.

W