Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Roebers Discus

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 06:05 PM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Roebers Discus

I just aquired a Roebers Discus and was wondering if anyone has the book or any info about this kit? I dont really need it, but I just like to read that stuff.

Also, are they any sites that have pics of different full scale sailplanes? I will be refinishing this one over the next winter and would like some scale paint jobs to look at.

TIA
Jeff
Old 05-09-2003, 12:00 PM
jpspectra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roebers ASW 24

Hi Jeff, like yourself I'm currently looking for and am in search of hardware for my Roebers ASW 24.

A few links you might want to look at to get you started: http://www.scalesoaring.net
Sailplanes Unlimited --- Google.com (search engine)
ISSA web site for Scale Sailplanes.

Old 05-19-2003, 06:56 AM
ECStrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roebers Discus

I don't know how bad of shape your Discus is in but those Roebers kits are very nice. I have never had one but have built a lot of 1/4 kits through the years. Most of them usually have simple drawings as most that fly the scale stuff have there own preferences. I was kind of lucky as I was exposed to a lot of that stuff over in England when I would visit and when I built my first one I already knew how I was going to do it. Of corse that was in the push cable days and later I started mounting the servos in the wings.

Your post reminds me that I have a Wik Discus floating around somewhere that needs to be built.

I am sure there are plenty of folks that would be glad to help here including myself

EC
Old 05-19-2003, 12:14 PM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Discus

The plane is in great shape. I was just curious to read about it and such. Over this coming winter, I will strip the covering off the wings and then glass them and repaint the fuse. I was supposed to fly it this weekend, but the weather here was truly awful. WINDY and 55 degrees!