Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Winch project completion

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 02:26 AM
Rejean Boucher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch project completion

Some pictures and notes on how the construction of my winch took place at http://www.telusplanet.net/public/boucherj/winch.html

Reg
Old 05-28-2003, 02:10 AM
ECStrat

Looks good Those roller bearings look to be the ticket. I am still using the OEM motor from the parts store I purchased in the mid 80's It could sure use a rebuild I am sure and will have to do something like that with it.

Keep up the good work
EC
Old 05-29-2003, 02:20 AM
soar-iowa
My Feedback: (9)

Looks good and looks like alot of work. Hope you had fun.. We use two roller bearings in the front housing that are an exact fit for the bushing . And don't mess with the rear end plate. Works great and easy for us non machinest.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:21 AM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

Default Nice Work

Looks to me you did a top notch job......especially considering you did it from scratch. I also am using stock bearings on a long shaft ford starter. Im sure the ball bearing arrangment works out best.

Congrats on the good workmanship.