Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Never flown and not sure about it.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Never flown and not sure about it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:12 AM
RVC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never flown and not sure about it.

I just bought this thing from a friend and don't know weather I am gonna keep it. It's an E-Razor 450. He needed to get rid of it and I bought it. Quite frankly I am intimidated by this thing. I have never flown a heli and probably wont. I have taken it out of the box to check it out and thats it. One of my questions is what is the "norm/3d " switch do? does it make it easier to fly in normal rather than 3d? He is gonna give me his sim tomorrow and I am gonna give that a whirl but If I can't pick up on that I will sell this machine. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:41 AM
ptb

Default RE: Never flown and not sure about it.

The heli is not a bad heli,if you think you are going to just pop it up off the ground,hover, and then fly it around in circle's, you might as well sell it now. The learning curve for heli's can be expensive and frustrating.
The normal and idle up, or 3d mode, has nothing to do with beginners , although it is easier to start in normal.
when you become good in normal,then you might want to switch to idle up, for more aggresive flying. (stunts) .
Old 01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
RVC

Good advise...I will probably never do any tricks. Although I am intrigued by the whole concept, but I have only ever messed with R/C Cars.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
nothinbetr2do

get that sim from your buddy and practice on it. it will save you alot of money and will teach you how to fly. don't get on the sim and start acting crazy. just try to hold a tail in hover until you get bored and then do it some more. keep doing this in all positions until you can to them all(tail in, both sides in, and nose in)now it's time to take out the real thing. if you take the time to learn now, it will be easier when you go for the real thing. the learnng curve is long and hard, but the pay off is way worth it. once you can get past hovering, the skies the limit.

i have been flying heli's for acouple of years, and i will always go back to the sim to keep my skills fresh. sometimes when you try to much on one thing, you start to lose another.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:13 PM
RVC

Yeah I am not gonna even power up the heli until I am proficient with tail in sides in and nose in hovering. It's just not worth it to ruin the helicopter by being impatient. Thanks fot the advise I appreciate it.