Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Beginner trouble - Raptor G2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Beginner trouble - Raptor G2

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:08 PM
mainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner trouble - Raptor G2

Hey guys, I am a beginner with a problem I cant figure out with my [link=http://www.exceedrc.com/50h08.html]Raptor G2 heli[/link].
This is my first post here. I'm desperate for any help you can give me.

Here's the problem: It seems my main rotor and its main gear aren't entirely attached. (I wish I had technical terminology for you) When my motor turns the gearing, my rotors just barely spin and I can stop them with a slight touch of my finger. So little resistance, in fact, the heli has no hope of leaving the ground even at full throttle.

I want to say there is some sort of "clutch" involved, but cant see anything of the sort. The only theory I have right now is based on Exceed-RC's diagram of the heli (http://site.exceedrc.com/resource/product/g2-ex.jpg) which lists #48 as a "One-way bearing". Is this what I need to replace? (I hope not, because I cant find one anyway [])

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:05 PM
ptb

Default RE: Beginner trouble - Raptor G2

Start at the source, is the pinion slipping on the motor ?
Look at the bottom of the main gear, is there a bolt that goes through the gear and main shaft ?
You also have a bolt at the top, which hold's the head to the main shaft.
Your one way bearing, (work's like a clutch ), is pressed into , or bolted, into the main gear.[8D]
Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
mainer

Default RE: Beginner trouble - Raptor G2

Now I feel really foolish! You were spot on. There is the smallest of screws under the main gears that for the life of me could'nt find before.

By mainer at 2011-03-08

Thanks for your help!