Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Simulator Software Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Phoenix Simulator Software Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Mark81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Simulator Software Question

Hi: My wife bought me a Blitz RC Tornado 6 ch helicopter for me for Christmas. I have only played around with the small indoor RC choppers in the past so this is totally out of my league. To learn how to fly, I purchased Phoenix v3 with the Spektrum radio. I have it set up for the most part, I think, however, I can't seem to hover. The throttle is so sensitive, the second I give it enough throttle to lift off the ground, the chopper rockets into space. There seems to be no inbetween between the blades not rotating and them going full bore out of control. Does anyone know what I'm not doing correctly? Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 PM
LarryV

Default RE: Phoenix Simulator Software Question

Did you go through the complete setup procedure for you particular TX?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Mark81

Sorry, this will show how new I am, but what do you mean by TX? I calibrated the channels. I don't know if I did it correctly, but it seems to work as it should, except the throttle, as mentioned, is so drastic.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 AM
ATVAlliance

sounds like you may be in "idle up" (sometimes regarded as Stunt Mode1 and/or Stunt Mode 2)mode right from the beginning and you should be in "regular" flight mode.

In "Idle Up"...your motor speed is (or should be) constant and the only thing that changes is pitch.  This allows a CP heli to fly inverted as 0 (middle) stick you have 0 pitch.  below mid stick would give you negative pitch to fly inverted and positive stick...you guessed it, positive pitch.  Since you are using your throttle gimble to change pitch...throttle has to stay constant.

In "regular mode" you have a throttle curve that starts out at 0 throttle at full negaive gimble position and goes all the way to around 80% of throttle at the fully positive position...changing throttle speed (head speed) and pitch along the way.

So...based on that lengthy explanation...it very well could be that your SIM is starting up with idle up enabled.  I dont know how to tell you to check for that as I dont own, nor have ever used Phoenix.  But it would be a place to start looking.  If thats not it...Im afraid you will have to wait for somoene to chime in that actually owns or uses Phoenix SIM.

goodluck
Old 03-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mark81

Sorry, this will show how new I am, but what do you mean by TX? I calibrated the channels. I don't know if I did it correctly, but it seems to work as it should, except the throttle, as mentioned, is so drastic.
I'm at work, so i don't have Phoenix in front of me right now. I've had a similar problem before. It is a mis-calibrated channel. You need to go into the radio set-up, and look at the bars and how "smoothly" they move when you move the sticks. In particular you are looking at the throttle channel (I believe it is no 1) and at the PITCH (collective pitch) channel ( i believe it is no 6). Both of those channels should move smoothly when you move the throttle stick. If they do not, then you have to re-calibrate and or make some changes in the programming.

Rafael