Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli virgin!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 02:27 PM
traxxasadict3.3
My Feedback: (84)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli virgin!!!!!

Okay guys..What is the best starter heli a step up from toys r us?Ive always been into rc trucks now i want to venture out.Im putting a 100.00 budget on my first crash..i mean heli. lol Im looking for something scale looking and i do want a challenge,i dont want one with the double rotors on top.My main thing is getting replacement parts. Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
TakeshiSkunk

Default RE: Heli virgin!!!!!

100 dollars is going to be pushing it but you could probably get going on something decent for 150ish? If you're just looking for something to play around with consider the Eflite Blade mSRx. If you want to use this as a stepping stone to flying big awesome helicopters go for the Blade mCPx.

Really though if you're looking to get serious down the line the best investment possible is either the Realflight or Phoenix simulators. If you just want something to fly out of the box the mSRx is the best deal considering how easy it is to get replacement parts for it.

Scale is gonna be tricky, I think there are some bodies out there for the mSRx though. Thing is theyre fragile and tend to make the heli a little trickier to fly, wait until you get a bit of a feel for it before you go scale.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 PM
traxxasadict3.3
My Feedback: (84)

Im thinking your right,just done a little more research.What do you think of the esky v4?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 PM
TakeshiSkunk

The Lama? I thought you didn't want a coax, that heli has the dual counter rotating main blades.

On Esky in general, I don't have any experience with them but I know I see people talking about them a fair amount. I'd guess they're alright.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 AM
graphman22

I have Lama, its great for coaxial heli
Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

check out the 9 eagles solo pro 100 on hobbyking its pretty mych a replica of the blade mcpx rtf version is 80 bucks from usa warehouse. im not saying you can but it looks like some of the main stuff would be interchangeable. you might be able to google mcps and solo pro 100 and see if some one did a side by side and interchangable parts inventory too.  you probly get it shipped for 100  or so and be in the air in a hour after recieving it.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

here is a link to that hk model
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21179