Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Predator 60 or Raptor 60

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Predator 60 or Raptor 60

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 09:40 PM
lep1933

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator 60 or Raptor 60

I've been into RC planes and trucks for about 20 years and this year I decided to try an electric helicopter. I absolutely love it and am getting quite good at it. I've been using the RealFlight G2 program for months now and I want to try a nitro helicopter. I'm going to be doing most of the work myself (i.e. setup, repairs, training), but I am an engineer and I'm not too worried about doing so as long as parts are available.

I would like to get a nice size heli that will keep me interested for many years to come. I was thinking of the Predator 60 or the Raptor 60 size. I'm very interested in the Predator, but there doesn't seem to be as much helpful info on the web like for the Raptor. I suspect that is mainly because the Predator is so new, but it seems like a nicer machine.

Do any of you have a suggestion as to which would be better?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-09-2003, 08:32 PM
syclic

Default RE: Predator 60 or Raptor 60

The Predator IS a much nicer machine. The R60 seems to be a sport plastic 60, the Predator seems to be a fully loaded extreme machine. The only similarity seems to be that they are both lower in the price scale. most are comparing it to the MinAir Fury Expert/Fury X-Treme and the Hirobo Freya X-Spec.

Check out what the owners are saying about it on the Century Forum in RunRyder....a LOT of info there. They all seem to be VERY happy. No issues as found with the Rap60 as evident in the Raptor forum there.

www.runryder.com

About half way down the mainpage, you will see the menu for the Century Forum.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:18 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Predator 60 or Raptor 60

the R60 is easier to built, setup and fix. the pred is a better quaility machine.